SOTD: Saturday 7 - Friday 13 September 2024.

This soap arrived today and is a decent clone of Fahrenheit. Typically excellent performance.
And I don't know why I don't use this Denim more often as it's a really strong fresh leather scent that I love.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Fasan Slant
Blade: Permasharp Supreme (Black background, gold text)
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Pre-Shave: Argan oil soap
Lather: Stirling Autumn Glory
Aftershave: Denim 1970s aftershave

Hi hope you are well. Could I ask what the handle is I’m looking for one similar.
Evening Lee,
It's an unobtainium Windrose handle, I had been after one similar to the Darwin for a while, Andrew at Windrose could not get a machinist to make them when Peter @Ferrum gifted me this one. Those Chippenham ones look class though.

SEptember

Saturday 7th September

AP1GczMi3eFJdQsvmoRxshXUiFV5ToAEQ_GKqDfy2JLc9Pu4V2LoK9Jn-VRAZycxnRkakxb-D2VzK422k5_WWsX_D3ykt3wgWNDjQX2c4Kn7omu4KIx-4iLcd3Jf5HmBMgKkbGof7RTVxktj_LaioCQkwWJRHw=w800

DR Harris Sandalwood (2024) Shaving Bowl & Semogue Owners Club Butterscotch Pure Bristle
Leaf Twig (Prism) & Derby Extra (1)
DR Harris Sandalwood Aftershave

Doing a back-to-back of the Derby Extra & Premium with tonight being a very enjoyable shave with the post-2016 Derby Extra. It's a smooth blade and sharp enough to do the job - it's a perfect partner for the Leaf Twig!

SEptember

Saturday 7th September

AP1GczMi3eFJdQsvmoRxshXUiFV5ToAEQ_GKqDfy2JLc9Pu4V2LoK9Jn-VRAZycxnRkakxb-D2VzK422k5_WWsX_D3ykt3wgWNDjQX2c4Kn7omu4KIx-4iLcd3Jf5HmBMgKkbGof7RTVxktj_LaioCQkwWJRHw=w800

DR Harris Sandalwood (2024) Shaving Bowl & Semogue Owners Club Butterscotch Pure Bristle
Leaf Twig (Prism) & Derby Extra (1)
DR Harris Sandalwood Aftershave

Doing a back-to-back of the Derby Extra & Premium with tonight being a very enjoyable shave with the post-2016 Derby Extra. It's a smooth blade and sharp enough to do the job - it's a perfect partner for the Leaf Twig!
I recently bought a Leaf Twig after reading some reviews that suggested it'd be a good fit for me.
It'll be in shave of the day soon enough.

I recently bought a Leaf Twig after reading some reviews that suggested it'd be a good fit for me.
It'll be in shave of the day soon enough.

I think it's an absolutely smashing razor! My only gripe is that depending upon how you hold the handle (I'm a "pommeller" and hold it by the end section) it can unwind in use and seems worse if you're right handed. Once you know, you adjust and it stops being a problem.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on. Tag me in when you use it, will you?

I think it's an absolutely smashing razor! My only gripe is that depending upon how you hold the handle (I'm a "pommeller" and hold it by the end section) it can unwind in use and seems worse if you're right handed. Once you know, you adjust and it stops being a problem.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on. Tag me in when you use it, will you?
Will do.
Thanks for the tip about the handling. I tend to hold the handle roughly in the middle (well, gently in the middle actually) so hopefully this won't be too much of an issue. I did read that it is a little pommel heavy (in terms of balance, not necessarily heavy as such).

Will tag you when I use it.
Not sure what blade I'll use for its maiden voyage (well my maiden voyage actually). Pedantry aside I'll decide on the day. It's a boon to me that I can snap DE blades in half and use them. I'm not quite there yet with the Artist style blades and have considered more than once about selling my RazoRock Hawk and Yaqi Excalibur and corresponding stash of Feather Pro and Supers. Maybe this razor will help me decide

20240907_213754.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Brush Yaqi lucky dice synthetic.
Soap Zingari man The Watchman.
Razor Blackland BlackBird Titanium.
Blade Polsilver (3).
Aftershave Zingari man The Watchman splash.

I wanted to take the BlackBird for a spin tonight as it was late.
A beautiful 3 pass shave with the Polsilver blade and I am now glass smooth.

Enjoy the night.

Johnny Bravo Do The Monkey With Me GIF

Sat 7
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Boat Drinks
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito
Razor Slater Brothers "Venture" Sheffield
A superbly good lather and scent from the soap-splash combination...
The near wedge razor provided an excellently smooth & efficient shave...
20240907_084553.jpg
Sun 8
Soap PAA Al Fin
Aftershave Clubman Sweet Rum
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor Titan ACRM-2
It is a nice soap, brush, and splash combination. It is also a nice easy shave with this razor...
4.jpg

SOTD: 8th September 2024.

10.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 830.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Clubman Pinaud Shave Soap.
Blade: Personna PTFE SS Injector. (D2)
Razor: Schick G type Injector.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB./Ard Al Zafran Dirham Oud EDP.

Greetings,

Relaxing Sunday Morning Shave.

Everything in my shave set up worked together excellently resulting in a wonderfully smooth 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report...A wonderful performance from the vintage Schick G type Injector.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Ard Al Zafran Dirham Oud EDP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom