SOTD: Saturday 7 - Friday 13 September 2024.

Why, hello and welcome to my first entry for this new week of SOTD's. And for my initial bit of scribbling, the board have stipulated it is to be so themed, 'Angus's beef'

20240907_200016.jpg

Heavy metal - The mighty stainless Mongoose
The razor's edge - Schick Proline
Thunderbrush - Highlander Marine AFC
Whole lot of lather - Penhaligons Bayolea
You moistened me all night long - Collagen
Hells smells - Versace The Dreamer

Giphy rejection. Giphy rejection, giphy rejection. You have been warned. No further quipy crap here.

Last night's shave arrives in karaoke format, and you know the rules. Press play and somehow make the words fit. If they don't then just hum any old shite.

In the beginning
Back in 19 hundred and twelve
Man didn't know how to shave his facial hair
Or have a shaving shelf

But Brian had the soap
And Giles he had the brush
No one knew quite what to do
But King Gillette had a rush and this is what he said

Let there be blades, and there were blades
Let there be razors, and there were razors
Let there be brushes, there were brushes
Let there be lather, there was lather
Oh, let there be shaves!

And it came in three pass
That shaving faces was born
And in every sink across the land
Whipping up lathers ‘came the norm

And that razor man got famous
And faces they got cleared
And in every shower room an ignoramus
Got rid his fucking beard

There was fifteen million shavers
Learnin' how to shave
And you could hear the shavers cussing
And this is what they had to say

Let there be blood, weepers, rashes, irritation
Oh, let there be beards!

One night on a forum called TSR
There was information to avoid a bloody scar
And the shaving was good and the lather was thick
And the tides they turned and the shaving slick:
"Let there be shaves"

And perhaps more to the point, was it a good shave?

Quite not me to bowl lather but Mrs Satanfriendly did ask if I could whip up some cream for her. 'Yes, yes, yes! I'm in here!!'. Only to find she wanted to do her lady shave things. Uh!? To be honest I really thought her goatee beard was pretty trim and hairy goat like legs have always been a prerequisite family thing.

Still, in a bowl or on the face (which is where it all ends up), one very fine lather and one very fine removal by my God of razors. Superbly smooth and superbly happy.

The Versace? Still the best £23 scent of the year. And me? The best £2.73 man on planet shave

Japanese ladies? All the way. And someone who I can't remember who the hell they are, but I'll have some of it....

Only takes me to say, I love you all

SOTD 09-Sep-24
1000037070.jpg
Brush: Wald A1
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: Rex Konsul (5)
Blade: Wizamet

Grand shave this morning,a little bit of feel on the blade but still minimal, but it did help with guidance and not running over the same patch too much. Efficient enough and I am a happy chappy.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Monday 9 September

Thought I would reacquaint myself with the iconic Kampfe Bros lather catcher style vintage razors. Originally designed for wedge type blades that needed honing and stropping they can be made to work with the modern GEM se blades which have had the spine removed and plastic wedges are attached. I got some 3D printed versions from the USA a while back which work well.
It is remarkable that bbs shaves can be achieved without drama from these amazing 100 year old razors thanks to modern GEM blades and a few bits of plastic. The razor has to be applied to the face almost flat as if using an open razor which isn’t at all surprising since these razors progressed from that style of shaving only using a short piece of open razor blade.
The SV soap applied with Simpsons Eagle badger didn’t disappoint either. Today only required one wtg followed by atg and pick ups leaving a smooth and clean finish and no weepers. Bliss!
Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_9637.jpeg

09/09/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - Signature Soap Britannia
Razor - Parker SoloEdge
Edge - Perma-Sharp Half Blade
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd Balm
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
Wk37 (3).jpg
I find the Solo-Edge a much better shaver than the Yaqi Katana, it seems to be easily as efficient, however, i find it milder on the skin and i really like the 2pc design (Thank you so muck Keith @AlterEgo for the PIF).
The normal fantastic chin covering from the Signature soaps and this Britannia has a scent i really like, i find it aniseed forward, apparently one of Brian's Marmite scents you either love it or hate, i love it.
I can normally get 2 shaves from the Perma-sharp half blades making it a very cheap long term razor.
3 passes for a comfortable BBS finish.
Right then, get car booked in for its MOT and service and treat myself to barbershop haircut as i cannot be bothered to do it myself.
Enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom