SOTD: Saturday 8 June - Friday 14 June 2024.

Tech June-kies

Monday 10th June

Tabac (Veg 2021) Shaving Soap & Goodfellas Smile (Omega) Pure Bristle
Gillette Tech (1940s) Bakelite & Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (1)
Tabac (Vintage) Aftershave

Onwards into the 1940s for the second week and so glad I decided to use this bakelite Tech for the main part of the week. It's a super razor! The angle is more forcefully defined by the shape of the deep safety bar and that translates to a very consistent shave.

Likewise, so glad I decided to swap the tallow and vegetal versions of Tabac around as well, using the vegetal formulation for the bulk of the week and swapping to the tallow for this coming weekend. I really like the vegetal version.

It had been some time since I used the 7 O'Clock green pack blade and found it very much a baseline blade - to my face it's not at all smooth, though not quite broken bottle rough. It is sharp, perhaps more than I remember - this is a newer pack with the 5/Razor symbol on the box which I've found others to be sharper than their predecessors. Dunno, maybe that's just my memory. I'll see the blade out as second shaves are often considerably different and third can be really tell-tale.

My Tech June-kies 2024 Shave today consisted of...
Prep smooches my face in the mirror.
Brush Shave Factory Omega Boar.
Soap Aqua sample.
Bowl Captains choice Obsidian Copper.
Razor Gillette Canadian fat handle Tech.
Blade Nacet (2).
Aftershave Aldi fab Eau De Parfum.

A nice shave today with the Fat handle Tech and enjoyed the free sample of I am not sure it just says Aqua on the little tub.
I found it when I was digging out my Techs and it was a sample that came from @gile When he sent my TSR LE2023 brushes, it had a subtle scent and lathered so well it left some soap in the bottom of the bowl so I will use that dot up tomorrow, I would imagine there is a good 6 shaves left in the little pot.
Have a great evening everyone.

SOTD: 11th June 2024.

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: : Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Omega Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp (Carbon) blue pack. (D1)
Razor: Parker Variant. (Settings) 2.5-wtg,2.5-xtg,3-atg+pick-ups.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Blue Stratos ASL./Boots Cucumber Moisturising Lotion.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

(Face & Head Shave.)

Another enjoyable close comfortable combined face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Boots Cucumber Moisturising Lotion.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.

I'm so sorry you lost your best friend. I believe she was a special and gentle soul. You loved her with everything you had: that's what all pets want the most. Bella had such a wonderful life with you...
I will miss her very much too...

SOTD 11-Jun

Brush: AP Lemon Drop TGN Boar
Soap: GN Juniper Reverie
Razor: Yentel Shavette
Blade: GSB

That was a god awful shave, another hardware hunt for a rainbow razor. So anything other than metal/black, sadly that led me to this abomination. Zero clamping on the blade, bloody thing actually loosened halfway through and had to sort it. How I didn't end up looking like Freddy after this I have no clue. The things we do for random Internet points - never again!

Photo hunt, I had to get some birds in somewhere. I realise now I've missed a trick that could have made this pic far more appealing (wink wink), ah well you live and learn.

Have a good'un all.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited: