SOTD: Saturday 8 June - Friday 14 June 2024.

Mon 10
Soap PAA Al Fin
Aftershave Clubman Sweet Rum
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16
This soap is scented too lightly but the lather is excellent...luckily Clubman save the day. The brush is large and plush!
Enjoyed a very good shave with this heavyweight razor...the edge cuts softly but effectively...
20240610_085346.jpg

Mon 10th June

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 28mm
Vitos Super Red soap
Occams Enoch
Schick Proline ( 4 )
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Quite a nice Shave with The Enoch, but still reach for The Hiram Commander more often. Thoughts of cutting grass out the window, as we have had overnight rain. Can now watch Athletics on TV and not feel guilty.

IMG_0351.jpeg

Monday 10 June
Monday mornings used to be a day when my work colleagues avoided me due to the fact that work was the last place I wanted to be after a wonderful weekend at home with the family. Scroll forward a few years into retirement, no work colleagues and Mondays are now just like any other day, which is bliss!

I am prone to wax lyrical about Schick, I can’t help it, I love Schick, in particular the repeater razor. The mechanism is a tad complicated especially the Type A but you have to admire the fact that Schick stuck with it and eventually morphed it into the ubiquitous injector razor which definitely stood the test of time.

Schick type A 1926/27
Schick blade (new)
Spalted beach handled synthetic
SV 70th Anniversary
A very smooth, comfortable bbs shave with minimum fuss and no issues. No modern razor at any price (and I have a pretty good cross section of these) could do the job better.
Have a great week fellas!

IMG_0656.jpeg

This razor plays nicely with the PSI blade. Didn't get such a good feeling with the modern London Bridge so I'll have to try another of those blades at a later date to see it wasn't a one off.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: King C. Gillette Three piece
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium Modern
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Lather: Nanny's Cream of the Croap Moroccan Sands
Aftershave: Lynx/Axe Marine

10 June

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

1005DE5A-84D1-46F0-A501-7EC621C2E987.jpeg
Well that was surprising! The first pass was unexpectedly rough, rough, rough. I had taken the Treet blade from the rough shave with the Tatara razor last week and installed it in my Blackland, a razor that is usually very agreeable with Treet blades. What the hell!
I swapped out the Treet after the first pass for a new one (the last of the pack) and presto smoothness restored and a close shave resulted. Thankfully the lather was excellent and unaffected by the slight delay between passes.
I checked the defective blade after the shave only to find no defects, but a blunt blade it must have been. Perhaps, the Tatara works fine with Treet blades after all. I still don’t know. :)

10/06/24
Decisions, Decisions :unsure:
Wk 24 (3a)a.jpg
Shiny or Std

Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Sandalwood
Razor - PILS 101 NE Std "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - Personna Med Prep - shimmed
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond
A/S - Proraso Red - Siege Canon decant
Wk 24 (3b)a.jpg
Today i went for the Std finish, i will go with shiny tomorrow.
I do like to shim a mild razor just to give it a little boost in efficiency.
3 passes today for a very comfortable BBS finish.
I also need to top up the Proraso siege cannon.
Enjoy your day all.

SOTD 10-June
1000028359.jpg
Brush: Muhle Rhytmo
Soap: CGC Armonia
Razor: Henkotsu Kamisori

I needed a few hardware items for extra points (Kamisori and low quality badger), so this razor and brush was dusted off.

This razor needs a little attention, rough as a bears arse. I should have spent time at the weekend sorting it before today so I've only myself to blame. The Brush isn't great, floppy and prickly, points are points though lol.

On the plus side, it's cracking software. Lovely performance and very nice scent. I get similar vibes to that of HoM Shire. It was made in collaboration with them so perhaps not a complete surprise.

One of the photo treasure hunt categories was baseball. I know precisely Jack about baseball, but a vague memory and swift Google told me the cubs were from Chicago (software linked in there) and play something where they run around a diamond, so it'll do.

Hope everyone has a good kick off to the week.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 10/06/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild 20, 3rd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Cream
Aftershave: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a fine day!

10/06/24
Decisions, Decisions :unsure:
View attachment 121427
Shiny or Std

Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Sandalwood
Razor - PILS 101 NE Std "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - Personna Med Prep - shimmed
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond
A/S - Proraso Red - Siege Canon decant
View attachment 121428
Today i went for the Std finish, i will go with shiny tomorrow.
I do like to shim a mild razor just to give it a little boost in efficiency.
3 passes today for a very comfortable BBS finish.
I also need to top up the Proraso siege cannon.
Enjoy your day all.
Miniature four handled coffins with pipe bombs on their bottoms. Are they brass?

Back
Top Bottom