SOTD: Saturday 9 March - Friday 15 March 2024.

Blursday 14th March

AP1GczN7dwJISsGiXe8Cb5cuCMypls3f0ZVD69bk0k5xFhwyKLVt9A7jLrJBQUYbvBovGGiii1z8Dyn2gl4erLUJR1OuP58C2A8MhrQVO1gh089bXndmJm6PzIeuA_2BIAbxg8aXUQUOkwYbnIEBQqaHG7lRTw=w800

L'Occitane Cade Shaving Bowl & Semogue SOC Taj Pure Bristle
Razorock Hawk A w/KCG Handle & Feather Professional (4)
Mandate (Vintage) Aftershave
Love that picture.

15/03/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #2
Soap - 1912 Irish Fern
Razor - PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Jasmine
Wk 11  (7).jpg
Its been very enjoyable using the "shiny" PILS this week.
Yesterday i had a mess around with another Erasmic handle with a salvaged Silksmoke knot from @Digimonkey's PIF'd brush
Wk 12 (10).jpg
These handles seem to suit me just fine and at Less than £2 a pop on "Flea-bay" are great value, i usually have an Original nylon one on the go for cleaning up Vintage boxes etc.
L to R :-
AP Gelousy Bulb @20mm, Shavers Delight Tuxedo @26mm and the "New" AP silk smoke @24mm.
Enjoy your day all.

Fri 15th March

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
RR 400 - SE Plissoft noir
L’Occitane Cade soap
Asylum Injector
Schick S/S - Japan ( 3 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

The Asylum is proving to be a nice addition to my Shaving hoard, light years ahead of the original Supply V1 and V2 which lies unused in a cupboard. Just need to get to grips with using it around the upper lip, elsewhere it works fine for me.

IMG_0962.jpeg

15 March

PAA Dapper Doc’s
Simpson M7
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Village Barber balm

IMG_0836.jpeg
An excellent and very traditional two pass shave this morning. The Simpson M7 Manchurian is one of two badger brushes that I still own. Modern synthetic brushes, for me, do the same job…better, quicker and often much, much cheaper. (Controversial? Probably).

15 March

PAA Dapper Doc’s
Simpson M7
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Village Barber balm

View attachment 118231
An excellent and very traditional two pass shave this morning. The Simpson M7 Manchurian is one of two badger brushes that I still own. Modern synthetic brushes, for me, do the same job…better, quicker and often much, much cheaper. (Controversial? Probably).
Shouldn’t be controversial as synthetic knots are generally cheaper and lather soaps easily also dry quickly, not to mention don’t shed any bristles after a couple of uses.

20240315_105458~3.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...

Prep Hot shower with Signature soaps Shower scrub.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Boar.
Soap Master soap creations Frosted Spearmint.
Razor Blackland Vector.
Blade Kai Captain titan mild 4th use.
Aftershave Master creations Frosted Spearmint splash.

A special shave today as I am testing out my newly acquired Vector with a Spearmint soap I was given for free and I have not used it before.

The Spearmint soap is quite dry on the face, I had to use a bit more water than usual and as such I wouldn't recommend it for straight razors.
That being said it's blooming awesome and chills the face to the bone. If it's a hot summers day then this is the soap for you.
Once applied to the consistency I like I let my eyes finish watering before applying the Vector to my beautiful soft skin.
The kick from the mint chilled me so much I actually could hang my bathroom towel from my left nipple in-between strokes.
Freezing Winter Solstice GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

The Vector was a pleasure to use but I already know I have to give it a few more shaves to dial Into it and to get used to the tiny head, that felt odd and required a lot more rinsing off.
The wife said she likes the face feel but it has left a shadow around my mouth, something some others razors seem to do but it's early days and probably bad technique, time will tell.
Next up was the head shave, this is actually what drew me to the Vector, I love my Mongoose but a huge no no on the head unless I want a face peel up there.
The Vector however really shone here, I got a lovely clean cut free shave from it making me wonder do I have a brand new Leaf heading to the BST?
The thing the wife liked was the fact it cleared the little creases in the back that the Raz=r just couldn't shave and required her to do those sections for me, meaning I left her alone on this occasion.
Early days yet but I am really really happy with the headshave performance if nothing else.
Now I am chilled and a walking polo mint rack
Have a great day everyone.
Shining Jack Nicholson GIF

Back
Top Bottom