SOTD: Saturday 9 September - Friday 15 September 2023.

Tuesday 12 September
WR-1 0.86
Vintage Silver travel brush with new synthetic
RR Stallion soap
Gillette 7 o’clock super platinum

I can’t praise the Wolfman razor enough. It’s design, balance, perfect mirror silver finish are for me as perfect as one can get in any safety razor.
The blade was on its 5th use. Soap was easily lathered and applied with no fuss. A bbs finish in 1 wtg and another atg pass, minor pick ups and no irritation or weeps. What more can one ask for? Expensive razor I know but at least I can pass it on to my Grandson knowing he will get the same enjoyment through shaving as me. If he decides to grow a beard though he can always sell it and enjoy the money or maybe just shave his legs with it. :ROFLMAO: .

Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_0291.jpeg

IMG_2829.jpeg
SOTD: 12/09/2023

Razor: Above The Tie SE1
Blade: Proshave S, 1st use
Brush: Highlander Copper Colonel Plissoft Knot
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Unscented Hard Puck Puck
Scent Oil: HC&C Italian Plum
Fragrance: Afnan 9pm EdP

I’m not sure I’ve ever tried a Proshave S with the ATT SE1 before but it seems a match made in heaven! I was unsure about the need for this in my den but on today’s performance it’s going nowhere!
The HC&C smelt amazing but I overdid it on the drops today and had a mild reaction, not enough for me to not use it but I’ll cut back a drop or two next time. It’s a shame as it’s one of my favourite scents off the bottle from my recent purchase.
Have a good day everyone!

Haven't posted in SOTD for a long while ... here goes, quick shave tonight as I will be in a rush in the morning:
20230912_201648732_iOS.jpg
Harry's shaver - Nivea Men Aloe & Panthenol Cream - NM pre-shave oil - Yaqi brush - no post-shave treatment.
Picked up the Nivea cream when I was in Germany in May (Rossmann @ Hannover main station, about €1.30).
Very nice smooth shave, good hydration, skipped post-shave treatment.

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-12 at 20.35.55.jpeg

Evening shave with beard of 5 days

Pre: argan soap bar and hot water
Brush: Omega 98
Soap: ES rasage Barber tallow base
Razor: Mjolnir by Sbarba.it
Blades: Lord super chrome
AS: Floid Genuine Y12

So getting to my third shave with this stainless steel beauty. I got confident, maybe too confident this time, and these blades are sharper than the super stainless sisters I used last time, resulting in few red points, especially on my left side (I am right handed and the poor left side of my face gets always butchered up from my lack of dexterity across the face :cautious:). The more I use the razor the more I appreciate its technical aspect. The blade is angled sharply but with an overall neutral gap (I think, as the maker in Italy has decided not to declare the razor techs of gap/exposure), resulting in a very efficient razor but with very little blade feel. So if you are used to more present razors, you need to be careful not pushing too hard on the skin in order to feel the blade. It's basically a game of feedback and trust in the razor. I just need to trust him MORE! The soap gave very good protection in first pass, however not as much in ATG pass, possibly due to my good old Omega 98 tricky to use for face lathering. Floid Genuine what a classic, it is bringing me back in old school barber shops in Italy when I was 8 years old...

SOTD 13-Sep
20230912_104715.jpg
Brush: Highlander Chubby
Soap: Seaforth Black Watch
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige (++)
Blade: GEM PTFE (2)

Straight to the ++ plate today, excellent finish. Very nimble, took down everything with ease with next to no repeats needed. Despite it's efficiency it felt mild/mid in terms of feel, I really like this one.

The handle is the only thing that has me on the fence. A couple of times it felt a little slippy, perhaps I over did it with the lather monster brush! The handle aesthetics initially didn't win me over completely but it's starting to grow on me.

As I say excellent finish, hope everyone has a good'un.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
13/09/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Wee Scot Best Badger
Soap - Signature Soap Wicstun
Razor - Blackland Sabre
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Wicstun
Wk  37a (4).jpg
A very easy shave today.
The Wee Scot takes a little more work than normal brushes but still managed to, just say, hold enough lather for 3 passes.
Although the last pass lather was a little thin the slickness of the Signature soap gave me the confidence to complete the pass.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

My shaving efforts from last night. Artistically presented by my good friend Piblo Pacasso the urination virtuoso of East Yorkshire, renowned for his artistic work after downing 12 pints of Theakstons Old Perculiar. On this occasion his artistic presentation was rewarded with the theme, 'Résumé numéro deux, Les Rasoirs d'Avignon'

20230912_211957.jpg

Le Rasoir d'Avignon - Ikon B1
La Lame d'Avignon - Wizamet Super Iridium
Le Brosse d'Avignon - Yaqi Moka
Le Savon d'Avignon - Kent
La Crème Hydratante d'Avignon - Pure

'Piblo, the original street artist producing his highly non-aclaimed piece, Les dames d'Accrington'

Came in from work late last night and in a kind of 'Will I, won't I' frame of mind in reference to shaving. 'Ah bollocks' I thought. After a long day and feeling somewhat dirty (as in muck) a shower and a shave was probably the best solution.

I said I needed to use the Kent more often and what a great choice again in the world of oftenness. From relegated and forgotten to revered and forgiven. Stir it up with a less than favourable brush and even the brush draws silent praise. Super stuff.

Love the Ikon? Always. Love the Super Iridium? Absolutely. Love the two together? Orgasmically abstract.

A great 'team shave' effort and a happy bunch of artistic shaving implements.

Still went to bed knackered but at least the pillow whispered, 'Why hello you smooth sexless beast'. Then I went to sleep. Woke up and hacked this garbage together. Nicely shaven may I add.

Have a fantastic day you fabulous folk.

When I went to see Otoboke Beaver earlier this year my wife said she was expecting a bunch of screaming Japanese girls and to be honest she was rather taken aback. Good job we never went to see this bunch...

And Piblo says he loves you all

Wednesday 13 September

Another excellent shave today, yes, the Athena is a very fine razor but I am also feeling that my wet shaving technique has really come on in leaps and bounds recently, not literally of course! :ROFLMAO: . I’ve probably become more relaxed shaving and take more care particularly with aggressive razors. I use a variety of different blades and don’t really have one favourite as most work well enough for me. However, to achieve this I reckon a bin drop is around 5 or 6 shaves max.
I cannot recall or trace in my stash the make of today‘s blade, new out of a wax sleeve but no name on it. Suggestions anyone?
The Lambda gives real feedback from the blade, both sound and feel. I really like RR soaps, creamy and well scented and my silver travel brush quickly got a creamy lather where it was required. Two passes wtg, atg, plus minor amount of pick ups gave a bbs result. RR after shave splash, also xXx version completed this mornings ablutions.
Have an enjoyable day fellas.

IMG_0292.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom