The Shaving Restraint (TSR) 2023

German Christmas GIF by ZDF

I sleep well at night! Still no shaving related purchases for 2023

Pre COVID, I only replaced my shave cream as I was about to run out. I had a backup of Wilkinson Blue bowl, now used, if I couldn't get to the shop in time. Then COVID: I purchased a few extra shave related items, A few razors, soaps and blades. Although I've never been as prolific as @Boycie83 at buying new stuff, this restraint should be a walk in the park for me. I got on to soaps more and my first synth during the first 6 months of COVID. I'm now looking at one shave soap on eBay, where a seller is doing a deal on 4 at a time. This should be easy but, it's not always straight forward.
I was back in the forum for a week and blew over £100 on stuff I didn’t need. Still got an itchy trigger finger but I’m trying to be sensible. A nice silver tip badger is calling to me however but I’m holding firm so far.

Am I within the rules. I have just purchased via BST, a shave soap, which a family member will then give me as a gift come Christmas (and reimburse me the cost, otherwise I've paid for my own gift). It wouldn't have made sense for them to try and do the deal on here.
You're treading a fine line of the Shaving Restraint law but this court rules you not guilty since you've merely acted as an agent in this purchase.

I was almost out when I ordered a couple of tubs of TOBS sandalwood cream from Amazon for £4 each. couldn't resist a bargain like that but it was too good to be true and got refunded so not actually a purchase. still going to try and make it to the end of the year.

I need to join this movement.
There are a couple of things I have my eye on but I am making a concerted effort to use up near-empty aftershaves and balms.
Maybe we should have a 'one in, one out' thread.
It could be open to liberal interpretations though. "I've used up this 10g soap sample so now I can buy a new razor"....

I need to join this movement.
There are a couple of things I have my eye on but I am making a concerted effort to use up near-empty aftershaves and balms.
Maybe we should have a 'one in, one out' thread.
It could be open to liberal interpretations though. "I've used up this 10g soap sample so now I can buy a new razor"....
It should be replacing like for like.
However, I have a sample soap (stirling) that will be used up soon. I'm not entirely sure if it's within the spirit of this threat to replace it with a full sized soap (or cream).

Back
Top Bottom