The Shaving Restraint (TSR) 2023

Why are you guys doing this to yourself
it’s like torture having to watch this.
i’m actually feeling your pain.
Metal illness is a real problem and self harming is not helping.
I urge you all to stop this madness &
spend spend spend.
Believe me you’ll feel good
there’s no better therapy.
It’s the only help & advice i can give you all before you fall in to the abyss.
Whilst you guys were sleeping and fully engrossed in your madness a new soap came to life.
You’ve probably never heard of it, i think it’s only been on the go for 100 years.
it’s called Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Go on give this restraint up & give this new soap a go before it’s to late

"Metal illness" fair description of RAD though haha! I'm definitely in need of some kind of therapy and have pretty much all but bought an 1840s razor (straight obviously as nothing else existed then) in my head and so far only seen one pic.
William Samuel Henson (1812-1888) invented the modern form of the razor, the 'T' shaped safety razor, and patented it in 1847.

Screenshot 2023-06-11 181709 (1).png

Well I was fairly confident this pay period I would not be buying anything shaving related.
Then I saw a full NOS carton of Gillette Super Silver (25x 5pack)and couldn't resist!
I don't think I've ever seen one before.

I'm going to see if I can do the rest of the month without any shaving purchases...

I like your thinking! Yes, I replace with 10 blades for every one I use....

Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

A thread from @Dave in KY elsewhere inspired me to create this thread.

I was admiring the den the other day. I've amassed quite the collection - vintage and modern. It grew significantly throughout COVID and then again through 2022. The collection has been my hobby during this period but I want to do some different things in 2023 and we're all facing the ever increasing cost of living. I'm fortunate to have tried and own all the things I could want in this game.

Shaving paraphernalia is an easy thing to buy for 'retail therapy'. I'm way past the point of needing anything. This thread is dedicated to using what I have in 2023 and not buying anything else. It's an open invitation for others to join me in the 'challenge'. I've made a few purchases in December 2022 that won't be delivered until January 2023 but these won't be counted in my challenge. The restraint for me will commence January 1st 2023.

I'll provide a monthly update here.

In razors you’re the opposite to me lol
I had one Rex envoy. I dropped it in the sink and broke it and that was that.

I tried the King C Gillette drug store cheapie as a stop gap, but it was so horribly mild that I’ve been using a cartridge razor for the past six months.

Oceans of soaps, thousands of blades. No razor

In razors you’re the opposite to me lol
I had one Rex envoy. I dropped it in the sink and broke it and that was that.

I tried the King C Gillette drug store cheapie as a stop gap, but it was so horribly mild that I’ve been using a cartridge razor for the past six months.

Oceans of soaps, thousands of blades. No razor
You broke a Rex? That must've been one hell of a drop!

If the cartridge is working for you, no need to change.

Needless to say I fell off the wagon later in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom