What made your day a good one

I presume it's been bought from Peach Guitars, who are one of the best in the business so I presume it'll be perfect.

It was indeed from Peach Guitars and that is great to hear they deliver perfect. First time used them

Make a nice change to the much heavier Les Paul which I absolutely love. And of course the different tone.

Keep an eye when it comes around to restringing

YEAH!

I'm a Tele man as well, been looking at getting some new pickups soon for my one.

I'm not sure whether they have sorted it out now, but the model you bought had an issue with the bridge saddles being in the way of the string loading and it was a nightmare to restring. I think they should have sorted this issue out, but keep an eye for it when it's brand new to see if it has been addressed.

I presume it's been bought from Peach Guitars, who are one of the best in the business so I presume it'll be perfect.

Anyway congrats on your impending NGD!
Nothing holds the saddle down, I think it's just a matter of lifting the saddle to push the string through.

Nothing holds the saddle down, I think it's just a matter of lifting the saddle to push the string through.

I was reading about this and I think it was along the lines the bridge had been placed in the wrong position, and the saddle had to moved in order to restring it, so it was possible to do so, but it'd require setting up the intonation once again.

I think Fender sorted this problem out though.

But from a personal perspective, 6 saddle bridges have no place on a Telecaster! 3 brass uncompensated saddles all the way!

I was reading about this and I think it was along the lines the bridge had been placed in the wrong position, and the saddle had to moved in order to restring it, so it was possible to do so, but it'd require setting up the intonation once again.

I think Fender sorted this problem out though.

But from a personal perspective, 6 saddle bridges have no place on a Telecaster! 3 brass uncompensated saddles all the way!
That's the vintage way! ;) But this ain't no vintage axe, which is why there were problems in the first place!!! :ROFLMAO: They just can't make things like they used to. :p

Ah, the bridge plate was slightly forward causing the intonation screw to hit the string, but that was years ago, I'm sure that was just a short term factory screw up.

Look at the low "E".

img_20200102_203206-jpg.669604

Ah, the bridge plate was slightly forward causing the intonation screw to hit the string, but that was years ago, I'm sure that was just a short term factory screw up.

Look at the low "E".

img_20200102_203206-jpg.669604

Well spotted, it doesn't look like it'd be possible to intonate the Low E as well!

I think they must have sorted it out by now but I still wanted to flag it for SF.

I bought a cheap project instrument last year and it has a non Tele hard tail bridge, but I was planning to change it for a cut off Tele 3 saddle bridge, I find the act of loading strings through the saddle itself to be a little fiddly, with the classic T bridge the through body stringing is on the other side of the saddle.

I might be in a minority but I find it easier to set up/ adjust radius and intonate with 3 uncompensated saddles.

Well spotted, it doesn't look like it'd be possible to intonate the Low E as well!

I think they must have sorted it out by now but I still wanted to flag it for SF.

I bought a cheap project instrument last year and it has a non Tele hard tail bridge, but I was planning to change it for a cut off Tele 3 saddle bridge, I find the act of loading strings through the saddle itself to be a little fiddly, with the classic T bridge the through body stringing is on the other side of the saddle.

I might be in a minority but I find it easier to set up/ adjust radius and intonate with 3 uncompensated saddles.
Running a humbucker in the bridge position?

short-bridge-for-tele.jpg

short-bridge-for-tele.jpg

Cleaning my back entry.

Ever since the council placed a gate across the end of the back entry/street and declared it 'unadopted' the rather nice (and historical) cobbled Road went to rat.

So now it is to time to reclaim. The two vehicles (and the trailer) which have been unceremoniously dumped will be going in the next week or so. It has been a bit of a drag getting this far but shall we say 'work in progress'

IMG_20210628_151752.jpg

IMG_20210628_151738.jpg

IMG_20210628_151727.jpg

Cleaning my back entry.

Ever since the council placed a gate across the end of the back entry/street and declared it 'unadopted' the rather nice (and historical) cobbled Road went to rat.

So now it is to time to reclaim. The two vehicles (and the trailer) which have been unceremoniously dumped will be going in the next week or so. It has been a bit of a drag getting this far but shall we say 'work in progress'

View attachment 72524

View attachment 72525

View attachment 72526
It is a very nice cobbled road with the perfect camber unless it's lens distortion! :)

Paul.

It is a very nice cobbled road with the perfect camber unless it's lens distortion! :)

Paul.

It is a genuine camber.

It used to be the old Southport to Liverpool Road. The yellow house was the old weighbridge/pub where they used to take the taxes for goods coming in to Liverpool. And then get shit faced I guess.

Five minute walk to the house of Captain Smith of Titanic infamy.

It is a genuine camber.

It used to be the old Southport to Liverpool Road. The yellow house was the old weighbridge/pub where they used to take the taxes for goods coming in to Liverpool. And then get shit faced I guess.

Five minute walk to the house of Captain Smith of Titanic infamy.
Fantastic history on your doorstep, thank you.

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom