S.O.T.D. Saturday 29th April to Friday 5th May 2017

SOTD: 30th April 2017.
B2.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cien~Men: Tropical blast Shower Gel & Shampoo / warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

Freshwood Brushless Shave Cream .

Brush: Erasmic Pure Bristle.( first brush.)

Bowl Lather.

Soap: Palmolive"Classic".( first shaving stick soap)

Blade: Gillette 7'oClock Super Stainless(1)+Shim.

Razor: Jagen David B30.( first DE Razor.)

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./Hai Karate A/S .

Boots: Freshwood A/S Balm.(first A/S Balm.)

Greetings,

This Morning's shave i'm using some of the very first shaving items i bought in 2016 when i started DE shaving.

i've said in my previous SOTD'S that you don't have to buy really expensive shaving products to have a good shave imho, but it's down to the individual what they buy...back to the shave...

A mild, but very satisfying 3 pass + pickups silky smooth with no errors to report..The addition of the homemade shim gave my normally quite mild B30, extra efficiency.

The grated down Palmolive "Classic" shave sticks never fails to perform with excellence,providing me with a rich slick protective lather. Finishing the shave off with another "Classic Old School A/S" Hai Karate Aftershave.

My only concerns with this aftershave is, when you wear it turns you into a "Instant Ladies Man"..Don't dare to use Hai Karate aftershave,without taking this into consideration, the ladies of the world find this powdery, menthol old school scented aftershave irresistible..."SO BE WARNED GENTLEMEN"...

Another brilliant buy from my local poundworld outlet..i "Splashed out":D and bought the other two remaining bottles..Enjoy your sunday & the coming bank holiday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
image.jpg SOTD 30th April

Old Spice Sunday.

"The power of old spice, Know it, Feel it, SENSE it."

Razor....Thiers Arminius 6/8ths
Soap....Old Spice..Shulton
Brush....BSSW Gonzo
Post....Thayers Lavender
A/S....Old Spice...Shulton

What a shave, ....the Old a Spice soap was whipped up into a creamy consistency and applied with the uber soft Gonzo, the razor is a real beard buster and cuts through stubble like a hot knife through butter and the Old Spice aftershave was smelling as good as it always did.
I was left clean, smooth and smelling fabulous :)

Have a great Sunday people.....:)

Morning Gents

Pre-Shave - Long hot batch, peace and quiet
Brush - Vilfux synthetic
Soap - d'Ardenne, Short & Bell Captain
Razor - Merkur Future Setting 2
Blade - Astra Platinum

First run out with the ASB Captain from James at OSP. This soap is something totally different, it is firm, but soft; smooth to the touch but actually quite sticky. The scent is a heady one of cloves and it is completely addictive. Due to it's stickiness it took just one swirl round the bowl to load my brush. I always bowl lather and this one swirl created a ton of soft, gorgeous lather.

On the skin it provides a good covering and is easy to get into the bristles. The shave was smooth and I felt that the soap provided a good cushion and reasonable glide.

Post shave my skin felt a little sticky but that only lasted until the application of a moisturiser. The soap leaves a nice scent on the skin that is still in the background an hour later.

As I said this was a first run and I think there are a couple of tweaks needed to the lathering process. Tomorrow the bloom will be a very quick one and I will use the moisture from the brush to provide that little bit more more water that I think this soap needs.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely, in heartbeat. Is it as good as OSP with which it will undoubtedly be compared? All I can say it is different to OSP, and would be a welcome addition to any shave den. I am confident that James has a winner with this.

r33tNmOh.png

No matter what the weather, a little Folgefonn & Pulp is perfectly acceptable!

Razor ,, ATT R2 Kronos
Blade ,, Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush ,, Simpson Duke 3 best
Soap ,, The Fat
Post ,, Thayers WH , Aloe Vera Gel
A/S ,, Davidoff cool water
View attachment 24980
Enjoyable Saturday shave although I did have a slight bit of irritation on the lower right side of my neck.
Oh well, can't win them all !
Another trip in the motorhome, Scottish Borders this time.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL.
Classy pic Pat.

@Blademonkey described it perfectly, a very good clone of an expensive designer fragrance. It went superbly with this soap, I know what you mean I often find myself discovering lots of new fragrances and scents. Middle Eastern attars and perfume oils are another rabbit hole to fall into. Some cracking stuff out there and very cheap too, highly recommend Al Rehab oils and perfume sprays, especially Silver which is a Creed Silver Mountain Water clone.
++1 on the Silver. I honestly can't tell the difference between it and SMW (apart from the price). But scent-wise, I can't. Clearly, those with more finely honed olfactory skills will find a world of difference. Oh, and it lasts longer than SMW on me.

Prep: Shower, BBA Face Wash
Pre: BBA Shave Oil
ATT S2/New Astra
Kent silvertip
OSP Bay Rum
Alum
BBA Bloody Balm
AdP Colonia Club

Lovely relaxing Sunday shave.
Really liking the BBA range and will certainly be ordering more when I run out.
I think the shave cream, whilst it performs well, has stiff competition and will struggle at the price point, as will most of their range.
The sun is out, dog walk to pub before Sunday lunch.
Ain't it great to be in England at Springtime.......

veyhl1.jpg

Pre: BBA Face Wash, BBA Shaving Oil, BBA Shave Butter, Hot Towel
Brush: Frank Shaving Pur Tech 26mm Synthetic
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable 'F3' w/ Polsilver SI (3)
Soap: BBA Shaving Cream
Post: BBA Face Wash, Hot Towel, BBA Post Shave Balm, BBA Moisturiser

A shave I have really been looking forward to, finally used the samples sent to me by @Emma C. I followed the BBA YouTube video for their Signature Shave and my goodness what a shave and what great products. I waited until today so I could take my time and enjoy the process. I used six BBA products in all.

Face Wash Cut it with a little water and use it as a scrub to lightly exfoliate and prepare my skin for shaving. Not a fan of the scent.

Shaving Oil Massaged it into the skin before shaving, not a fan of oils but I would happily use this and add it to my routine.

Shave Butter Can use as a stand alone during shave product but following the video I used it as a sort of pre shave, apply hot towel directly to the butter on face. Very nice, liked the fragrance.

Shaving Cream Very nice shaving cream, good scent and performance. I could have used a wee bit more but I had enough to get the job done.

Face Wash Used again, this time used neat and as a mask. Left it on for a minute or so then applied a hot towel and wiped it off.

Post Shave Balm I wasn't sure if it was chocolate spread or fake tan from the colour but on application it soaks in really well. The scent is very pleasant and in honesty I would happily buy this in the future.

Moisturiser Felt good on the skin and has left me feeling very soft and well nourished. My only complaint is the scent is not very nice to me, smells like the face wash.

The shave itself was great, my usual shave with the Super Adjustable at setting 3 with the second use of a Polsilver SI. The products worked well for me as aside from not liking the scents of two I would repeat this again in the future. When I am looking for balms in Autumn I will certainly be buying a Post Shave Balm and even the Shaving Oil, very good products albeit a wee bit pricey but having used them they are worth it.

Sunday Morning;

Snapseed.jpg

Very nice shave this morning. 2-passes with the Futur Clone, loaded with a new Rapira blade (thanks again @nolisco). Set the razor on 3 and that seems absolutely perfect for me. Next time I'll be trying #4 because I'm feeling adventurous, but there's certainly nothing wrong with 3. Razorock xXx managed really rather well, enough slickness for the two passes but I do have better soaps - that being said, it didn't cost me much second hand and does a decent job for the price! Bit of alum thereafter and no bite from it whatsoever.

Had a shower and chucked on some Argan Oil after the shave. Feeling pretty damn close in most places, missed a slight bit of stubble but nothing of issue. I look clean and that's what matters! I'm sure the masses who have ordered the Futur will enjoy it, as long as they like a bit of blade feel!

Happy Sunday, all!

SOTD

Prep: warm shower
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Bolzano
Brush: Razorock Synthetic
Soap: Razorock Emperor
Post-shave: warm water, cold water, Windrose alum block, Proraso Aftershave Balm, Razorock Emperor Aftershave Splash

20170429_134318.jpg

Love the scent of the Razorock Emperor. I prefer a scent to be subtle. Not sure I'm going to use a first use blade in an open comb again. It was a close shave but the sting when I applied the alum block. Sure woke me up!! LOL :eek::D

As I shaved this morning I remembered the old Italian barber who would cut my hair when I was a young man, Caesar. He was a really great lad, an old school barber, scissors and comb more than trimmers, straight razor on the back of the neck and would use a lighted taper on split ends. A real gentleman.

He told me of when he was conscripted into the Italian army. As he was already trained he became the regimental barber. In his unit was a guy from Sicily, Mafioso country. This lad was illiterate and one day received a letter from his girlfriend and asked Caesar to read it. So Caesar did, looked at the picture of the girlfriend included and commented “Pretty girl!”. “What do you mean by that? You want my girlfriend?” goes the Sicilian lad. Caesar couldn't get the guy to calm down. This lad was out for Caesar's blood.

Not long after Caesar was heading into town from barracks. As he got to the gates the guards warned him that the Sicilian lad and two of his mates were waiting for him. Caesar goes back into barracks and puts a cut-throat up both wrists and heads out. Sure enough he got pulled by the Sicilian lad and his mates. “We're going to give you a beating” goes the Sicilian. Caesar pulls out the cut-throats, flicks them open and says “Try!”. His would-be assailants looked at Caesar for a while and then the Sicilian lad says “Hey! You're alright!”. Caesar and the Sicilian lad were the best man at the others wedding. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom