Acquisitions 1st April - 30th April

Very nice. We could all use friends like that
emoji1.png
It was most unexpected @Mrchick and greatly appreciated.:)

The last of my inbound arrived today. I've now dumped my eBay watch lists and am going to take a break to enjoy what I have.
I bought this lot for the Hallmark, the Lather Catcher and what I thought was a Single Ring. The SR turned out to be s Big Fellow[emoji1]
I also got a modified Gillette where the comb has been carefully removed from one side. I'm sure this one will be aggressive. I'm not sure what possessed somebody to do that.
fd2eaa1313233ce387344bb26c67d27a.jpg

I also picked up a new mug and a beautiful Hien straight. It's a Kamisori grind and looks to be NOS.
18093fb029200c0e1d619c72354e0238.jpg

1e06cd78d896754cb5b07e86a8e61f47.jpg

fbc12c3ca2b44c4151c0e59214a94411.jpg

Good night!

After two little piggies yesterday, a bloomin' horse turned up today!

brocha-barbera-vie-long-american-style-caballo-blanco.jpg

I've struggled with horse hair before, tangling up during the lather phase but I liked it enough to give it another go.

This brush is smaller, more slender, than it looks. The knot is just right - tight enough and just long enough to have a backbone, be soft enough in the length without tangling. After two good, vigorous bowl lathers as a test, the hair is not knotted.

Result!

I'm going to enjoy this one, I'm sure :D

Love the handle, Paul. What a beaut!

Yeah, it's an attractive one, much akin to the older Rubbersets and so on ... it was about £15. My thinking was, if I didn't get on with the knot, I'd re-knot it with synthetic - the 'ole is just right for a Muhle screw-in from shaving.ie.

Yeah, it's retro ... and moderne.

So far, it handles well. I'll give it a first run for proper soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom