Acquisitions 1st Feb - 29th Feb 2016

Blades to fit the Razor !
Even SWMBO likes the appearance of this Schick C1 ?
Hope to get access to repeating magazine , seized tight at the moment . Any ideas for resolving the situation most
welcome.

View attachment 16930
That's a C 1 Open Comb Alright...Through it into some Hot Soap Water & let it Steep for a Day or So..Dish Washing Liquid quite thick so it acts as a Lubricant ..Try that..:p

Billy

That's a C 1 Open Comb Alright...Through it into some Hot Soap Water & let it Steep for a Day or So..Dish Washing Liquid quite thick so it acts as a Lubricant ..Try that..:p

Billy
Cheers Billy,
Will do and hope it works, quite keen to see how it operates. Have seen instructions on U Tube.
Mike B

Two of the best current soaps there is in my opinion. I love that Bay Rum smell and the post shave feel on the Wickham's is sublime. Enjoy!

I have to admit I was taken aback by smell of the OSP bay rum at first, but it lathered brilliantly so I persisted, and left the lid off for a week! The smell has mellowed (or I've got used to it) and I like it so much I want to try another OSP soap.

f8a0d3833c9a3d24f39237f71f439e44.jpg

3e691a35657d40bc35795b9b5f9093b7.jpg

The Wickhams arrived yesterday. I've had the OSP for almost 2 weeks but hadn't got around to photographing it.

Good on you! I have a wonderful soap from Rolls Razor, vintage, back to the '50s and the scent is sublime; like fresh sheets billowing in the breeze. Wickham's South Sea Spray comes so very close to that experience in a modern soap. Super Smooth is a super soap. OSP, too. Great Bay Rum!

I have to admit I was taken aback by smell of the OSP bay rum at first, but it lathered brilliantly so I persisted, and left the lid off for a week! The smell has mellowed (or I've got used to it) and I like it so much I want to try another OSP soap.
I found that the scent improved over time with the OSP Bay Rum test sample. As for a different OSP I recommend Orange & Patchouli. Performance is up there with the best.

2lco5uc.jpg

Nice wooden shaving bowl (already being eyed-up by the wife for her own nefarious uses), Simpsons unscented cream, Braveheart head to upgrade an unloved razor. Not terribly exciting, but shavemail is always worth having :)

A bit more of my epic mail call from France:
A NEW with CBA etched on the cap.
bbdc5f64d606ed7c555c3bab3c9f1e71.jpg

I've fallen in love with this Tech though, it's been so thoroughly loved that the gilding has all worn off the cap and is now a beautiful, warm burnished brass.
f1ae28a1f532613654e1800bd814c34a.jpg

Finally these four brushes, the silver Ever Ready which has a lovely soft badger knot, the next one has no marks on it but again a lovely soft knot. Next is a Plisson boar with a bit of damage to the label :( Finally a Paul La Folie brush made for them by Plisson, lovely quality handle but the knot feels like it needs breaking in. All in all, a bloody good haul.
f8fa0abe32a8d49764fd39287c7505bd.jpg

I also bought this from the bay, a thin handle British NEW, dammit I mean OLD.
790607db44b359512106541601430af8.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom