Acquisitions 1st Feb - 29th Feb 2016

Very generous PIF recieved from @Dobbo25 yesterday, thank you my friend :D

DSC_0153_zpsysluoodi.jpg

I found that the scent improved over time with the OSP Bay Rum test sample. As for a different OSP I recommend Orange & Patchouli. Performance is up there with the best.

I'll give the OSP Orange & Patchouli a go, probably next month, I've spent enough on shaving products this month!

This is why I need to go easy the rest of this month, especially as there are a few more items on the way!

image.jpeg

The NSS is Ice and a Slice, it and the Colonel arrived yesterday. The Schick I arrived Saturday.
Looking forwards to trying them out over the next few days, starting with the NSS tonight.

This is why I need to go easy the rest of this month, especially as there are a few more items on the way!

View attachment 17028

The NSS is Ice and a Slice, it and the Colonel arrived yesterday. The Schick I arrived Saturday.
Looking forwards to trying them out over the next few days, starting with the NSS tonight.
Colonel is a darn nice handle and in X2 is a good size. Enjoy.

DSC_0247_zps5mglthhi.jpg

DSC_0248_zpssf0vw2y5.jpg

DSC_0249_zpsuw7iwvzc.jpg

I got this NOS Rolls Viscount Model Today..I haven't even cleaned this yet..I just wiped the thing with my elbow..This is how it came straight from the box..Is a thing of Beauty..The Viscount Model has an Aluminium Case unlike the Earlier Models & is a bit Lighter..Looks as if it just came off the Production Line Yesterday..I cant believe I got this for 7 Quid & Local Postage..Its Found a Man that Appreciates it..:D

Billy

DSC_0247_zps5mglthhi.jpg

DSC_0248_zpssf0vw2y5.jpg

DSC_0249_zpsuw7iwvzc.jpg

I got this NOS Rolls Viscount Model Today..I haven't even cleaned this yet..I just wiped the thing with my elbow..This is how it came straight from the box..Is a thing of Beauty..The Viscount Model has an Aluminium Case unlike the Earlier Models & is a bit Lighter..Looks as if it just came off the Production Line Yesterday..I cant believe I got this for 7 Quid & Local Postage..Its Found a Man that Appreciates it..:D

Billy
I've never owned one, never seriously thought about shaving with one, but I will admit they do bring out a bit of the bloke in me when I see something as pretty, shiney, well designed and engineered. Of course the day I decide to buy one - just because, I won't be able to find one.:rolleyes:

I've never owned one, never seriously thought about shaving with one, but I will admit they do bring out a bit of the bloke in me when I see something as pretty, shiney, well designed and engineered. Of course the day I decide to buy one - just because, I won't be able to find one.:rolleyes:
There have been a number of NOS Ones of late going for around a 10 Spot..If you get one in this Nick it will shave almost straight from the Box..:p

Billy

I have to say, Billy ...... That's about as sparkling an example of a Rolls I've seen in a while ......

Just out of curiosity...... Have you ever used an Everite? The whole Heath Robinson operation of the Rolls reminds me of them... You can get these NOS for a tenner.... Got one myself, but still not gotten around to honing and shaving with it.

72ddb3a1f02d5708431a1831c0ebe5ed.jpg

DSC_0247_zps5mglthhi.jpg

DSC_0248_zpssf0vw2y5.jpg

DSC_0249_zpsuw7iwvzc.jpg

Billy
Whoa, £7! I've saw a Rolls in an antique shop a few weeks ago for the same price, except it was knackered with bits missing. You got a brilliant deal. I am green with envy. [emoji2]

I have to say, Billy ...... That's about as sparkling an example of a Rolls I've seen in a while ......

Just out of curiosity...... Have you ever used an Everite? The whole Heath Robinson operation of the Rolls reminds me of them... You can get these NOS for a tenner.... Got one myself, but still not gotten around to honing and shaving with it.

72ddb3a1f02d5708431a1831c0ebe5ed.jpg
That's the First I seen one of them to be Honest..Thats a Corker..Same principle of a self contained shaving system..The Darwin Set is another one but hard to get in useable Nick at a Decent Price..What makes the Rolls Unique is that the blade shouldn't get rounded by stropping because its kept at the optimal angle all the time..When you are stropping by hand the blade eventually needs its bevel Reset..I will look out for one of them tho..Cheers..Get that up and running and post it on that Shaving with a Wedge Blade Thread..Post it anyway..;)

Billy

Back
Top Bottom