Acquisitions 1st January to 31st January 2016

I missed having a razor to clean up so when I saw a Gillette English New set going, I couldn't resist. It arrived today.
In the blade holder are a Gillette Blue and Gillette Super Silver blade, both in their wrappers, and a couple of Wilkinson Sword blades and a folded-up old Gillette advert. Also included were 3 sealed packs of Wilkinson Sword stainless blades (blue packet) and one open pack.

Here it is before any cleaning.

engnew2.jpg

engnew1.jpg

engnew4.jpg

engnew5.jpg

Last edited:
You really are building a most definitive collection. This line-up is looking really good!

Oh and Peter has been really helpful with correctly identifying them (and is even sending over some spare stickers).
He has also allowed me to use some of his content on his site as I'd like to create a post about all his various brushes so some information can be found in one place in case when/if his old site gets mothballed.

I like that handle ......... I've got a few brushes knocking about........ But I always use just the one; my Simpson X2L Colonel in Best Badger. I've used them all ..... The Simpson is just like a Swiss Army Knife for all my soaps and goops.

That's tempting me, though ..... :D

Well, today is one of those days where my age in years was momentarily yet precisely measurable as an integer (48, profile pic is ancient and chosen for humours effect).
So... here we are:
20160120_142641a_zpsglxocibc.jpg

An explanation of items in the picture ...
A Kent BK8 (Silvertip) - wow does that make a difference from my Omega boar bristle.

Because I'm not in a position to undertake non-voluntary work, my father has bought me a course on medieval history

As I really enjoyed the `making of` drama over Christmas, my wife bought me Dad's Army (complete bar the lost episodes of season 2)...

And I received this birthday card referencing another passion of mine

The underlying jigsaw is not only a base to put things to photograph but also an antidote (for I've overdone it rather with one of my voluntary works and it's quite a good therapeutic / calming / centring activity - today is a good day, btw).

Hmmm - Dorset Blue Vinney (Thanks eldest little sis)

Back
Top Bottom