Acquisitions 1st January to 31st January 2016

I just got another D7 Shavemac 2-Band, slightly smaller than the first one I received.
Aj0Zjfx.jpg

Received this Schick (G2?). Solid gold plated handle.
Looks better than it did in the photos which is always a pleasant surprise.

no8uxc.jpg

1zyklf7.jpg

ilgfwy.jpg
Now we know who got it ! Well done, hope it goes well . The Mailman must have worn a track to your front door. Mine says "another razor" when I open the Door.

No Shocks On Customs today. Do not need any more Razors , told my wife so !! Well not vintage anyway !

Some Injectors to join the few I`ve brought recently.
1. PAL Injecto -Matic [British] 2. Personna S/S Injector NOS 3. PAL S/S Adjustable Injector, feels great in the hand.

IMG_0276.jpg

Received this old Wilkinson Fixed Profile metal razor.
The poor packaging - thin envelope instead of a box - unfortunately resulted in a crack in the plastic lid but...as the razor was less than $3 I'd feel bad even mentioning it.
2qmfdle.jpg

The razor itself is pure NIB/NOS though and looks/felt great
2hf5cba.jpg

The razor is very similar to another design by Sir Kenneth Grange - the Wilkinson Royale (t0 the right below) - but with less metal in the handle and therefore less heavy.
dw8jfq.jpg

Received this old Wilkinson Fixed Profile metal razor.
The poor packaging - thin envelope instead of a box - unfortunately resulted in a crack in the plastic lid but...as the razor was less than $3 I'd feel bad even mentioning it.
2qmfdle.jpg

The razor itself is pure NIB/NOS though and looks/felt great
2hf5cba.jpg

The razor is very similar to another design by Sir Kenneth Grange - the Wilkinson Royale (t0 the right below) - but with less metal in the handle and therefore less heavy.
dw8jfq.jpg
Aah - I used the Profile, back in the day; might still have one somewhere. A better design than the Royale in my book

Received one big package with two 'razor lots' from the same seller.

Lot 1: $12

- Concord cartridge razor, silvertip badger brush and metal stand

Quite a nice surprise this set. The razor feels 'so-so' (a bit too lightweight for me) but the brush has a very nice and solid metal handle - and the knot was a positive surprise as it is very soft and has some nice backbone. This will be a fun one to try out.
301o9jl.jpg

- It also came with a shaving mug and a Silverwing Deluxe Groom Mate!
Now, this Silverwing Deluxe Groom Mate is, according to the sticker, priced at $15 in west hollywood - so there. Profit already!
15hh9p4.jpg

Lot 2: $14.99

- Merkur MII NIB. I already have one of these and love it. It's a great razor normally priced around $50.
This one also came with all the adapters, that I were missing, that allows a great number of different cartridges to be used with it.
2e67l8l.jpg

- This lot also came with a Col Ichabod Conk brush (badger-boar mix) and a mug.
I don't really use their soaps and the brush felt awfully stiff/unpleasant so this part of the lot may well not see much use (read: I'll sell it).
akvkt1.jpg

- Oh, and...this lot also came with a Silverwing Deluxe Groom Mate! I'm telling you. Gold. Pure gold.
33xgb37.jpg

I did really like that the Merkur MII was pictured on one of the mugs - it's good pairing :)
tasnds.jpg

And, the question that, by now, is on everyone's mind - how did you like the Silverwing Deluxe Groom Mate?
Well, I of course tore one of the packages open and tried it out right away and let me tell you - my nose is BBS.

Back
Top Bottom