Acquisitions 1st January to 31st January 2016

Bernd at Shavemac made these handles and fitted the Omega 49 boars.
Boars are not for everyone, however I've been using them for Years an IMO they are hard to beat, plenty of splay, some folk may detect a little scritch/scratch but I don't

84CA30C7-0577-40EF-931F-997BB45C273A.jpg

Here @Bechet - this might work

guess that's the problem with Omega brushes
brilliant knots with very average handles
the 49 is my favourite boar brush and highly underrated in the shaving world
other one being the Semogue Soc
@ shipwrecked
think u have shown a great example for these knot lovers
beautifully done brushes sir, enjoy them
raj

You have 3x cracking brushes there Shipwrecked !! The Boar knots really set them off.....

Bernd at Shavemac made these handles and fitted the Omega 49 boars.
Boars are not for everyone, however I've been using them for Years an IMO they are hard to beat, plenty of splay, some folk may detect a little scritch/scratch but I don't

84CA30C7-0577-40EF-931F-997BB45C273A.jpg

My first vintage razors, having spent about 3 years rotating between a shavette and a cheap Ming Shi/Shaving Factory DE for my "quick" shaves. Before and after a good clean!

1920's Old Type in silver
(late)1940's Gold Tech
(late) 1940's Superspeed
1958 Superspeed
1964 Slim Adjustable with case.

Five fairly grubby razors from an auction lot. Cleaned up pretty nice following all the instructions on the forum, though the 40s superspeed had a fair bit of plate loss underneath the gunk, and obviously a bit of wear to the head on the Gold tech, but all of them function perfectly. I still haven't got hold of any of the recommended polishes (Maas/Peek/Autosol) to have a go at a final shine on the non-gold plated razors. Have spent the last ten days having a shave with each one. Particularly love the shave from the Old Type and the 50's Superspeed. I've also just received an old leather shaving kit which had a fatboy in it. Will clean that one up shortly and take a picture! Oh dear, this is just the beginning isn't it?

Attachments

• razors lot copy.jpg
    razors lot copy.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Received these four New Forest brushes in the mail this week.
Three out of the five wood handled brush handles that Peter ever made. Lucky @Hodge has one...and the fifth one is in hiding.

These wood handled ones has some amazing knots and cant wait to take the for a spin.
The fourth one is the very first travel brush he did - a very small 1901.

28alxf8.jpg

From left to right:
Tambootie handle w/ Silvertip knot,
Oak handle w/ two-band knot, and
Tambootie handle w/ two-band knot.

Some "close-ups":

3343w5g.jpg

Tambootie handle w/ Silvertip knot
4qk5qh.jpg

Tambootie handle w/ two-band knot
qqu7om.jpg

Oak handle w/ two-band knot