Acquisitions 1st January to 31st January 2016

Grateful thanks to p.b. I have an ash handled Semogue Owner's Club boar to keep my cherry company:

IMG_2821.JPG

... and a blue Ever Ready Deluxe set arrived, too, joining the rest of the gang:

IMG_2818.JPG

I missed having a razor to clean up so when I saw a Gillette English New set going, I couldn't resist. It arrived today.
In the blade holder are a Gillette Blue and Gillette Super Silver blade, both in their wrappers, and a couple of Wilkinson Sword blades and a folded-up old Gillette advert. Also included were 3 sealed packs of Wilkinson Sword stainless blades (blue packet) and one open pack.

Here it is before any cleaning.

engnew2.jpg

engnew1.jpg

engnew4.jpg

engnew5.jpg

And here it is after a good scrub, aluminium foil & bicarb hot bath, surgical spirit bath and light polish (with Goddards silver polish).
I'll be having my first shave with it later. :cool:

britnew1.jpg

britnew2.jpg

britnew3.jpg

Last edited:
Bernd at Shavemac made these handles and fitted the Omega 49 boars.
Boars are not for everyone, however I've been using them for Years an IMO they are hard to beat, plenty of splay, some folk may detect a little scritch/scratch but I don't
84CA30C7-0577-40EF-931F-997BB45C273A.jpg
[/URL]

Wow, those are gorgeous, especially the blue. My big 20106 knot is fantastic but the only thing about the handle is its hollow. I love the shape of it but I'd love a proper handle for it someday. I've had it nearly two years and it's as soft as can be but a backbone that could whisk bricks.

Wow, those are gorgeous, especially the blue. My big 20106 knot is fantastic but the only thing about the handle is its hollow. I love the shape of it but I'd love a proper handle for it someday. I've had it nearly two years and it's as soft as can be but a backbone that could whisk bricks.
They are a lather machine once broken in IMO, SOAPS CREAMS and whatever else you throw at it.
It holds enough lather for 3 passes and still loads left over, not a lather hog but releases with ease as and when required, but everyone to their own, different blokes have different strokes!
To be very truthful I don't detect any scritch/scratch whatsoever but there again perhaps this old clock of mine is salt seasoned!!!

Back
Top Bottom