Acquisitions 1st Mar - 31st Mar 2016

It was my birthday on Sunday so it's been a pretty good week :)
Some T&H samples (and some none shaving goodies)
45276283-2089-47a2-87d4-e6ac4486798f_zpsrxebykzb.jpg

2016-03-312020.19.03_zps1egmmdcz.jpg

Some Wickham's soaps which arrived today and some Quorum that was on offer locally.
Turns out I share a surname with @Fox which I think makes me honour bound to buy lots of soap from him or something.

Picked this up from the sorting office today. This is it before I cleaned and polished it. Bit of a random purchase. First razor acquired in about 3 years. It's cleaned up really well. No manufacturers markings other than 'Made in England' and patent no. 433166.

Interweb suggests it might be a Souplex Double Six but the only ones I can find pics of have a bakelite top plate, my one is metal. Any suggestions as to the identity would be gratefully received. Will have a shave with it in the morning and hope my face doesn't fall off!

Whoa! Congrats man! That's a gathering of the best of the best! Shavemacs, Simpson Manchurian, Wolfman, OneBlade, the works! What a fun incoming indeed!

Shaving goodies from the USA,
I usually have my equipment from all over shipped to the USA and then have the whole box shipped to India
Indian posts are very notorious for "losing" things, and lot of palm greasing to release the packages
cheers all
raj k

View attachment 17568 View attachment 17569 View attachment 17570 View attachment 17571

Yeah brilliant. That looks like it. Simple and cheap. I was going to make my own out of a nice hardwood but I may just get one of these until I get around to it. Thanks. Ferrum.

Hi Wayne, the test tube racks work great and there are a bunch of different styles you can pick up. Another option you may be interested in is http://www.royalshave.com/royalshave-chrome-safety-razor-caddy

You can usually find them cheaper on eBay. I have two and they're compact and stainless steel so no issues with plating loss. The only downside aside from the price is that they only store 4 razors per rack.

Back
Top Bottom