Acquisitions 1st Mar - 31st Mar 2016

Got some injector goodness sent from Japan.

I've used the twin blades before in my Schick Injector Dial Adjustable (very nice). Thought I'd see what the Jap single blades can do. If they're anymuch as good as the twins I'll be chuffed.

Acquire_20160330_zpssi8zkcou.jpg

Were these easy to source?

Shaving goodies from the USA,
I usually have my equipment from all over shipped to the USA and then have the whole box shipped to India
Indian posts are very notorious for "losing" things, and lot of palm greasing to release the packages
cheers all
raj k

View attachment 17568 View attachment 17569 View attachment 17570 View attachment 17571

OK - that's the most impressive delivery I've seen on any shaving forum. It even puts Mr_Smartiepants' acquisitions in the shade!

I also received another package that I am a bit torn about.

a) I love the razor and it looks better than it did in the photos.
It's the last Wilkinson T70 model, that I know of, that I didn't have. The razor and the hinged box is in excellent condition.

e69fsz.jpg

6f2gli.jpg

So "happy, happy..." but....still not completely..., because

b) When I bought it from the seller in Germany the shipping was stated to be EUR 20 and shipped through DHL.
I tried contacting the seller 4-5 times through eBay AND through an email he had in his ad as I wanted to see if there was a lower cost shipping option as it seemed high.
I received no replies..and ended up paying the EUR 20 in shipping (the razor itself was EUR 1).

When the razor arrived it was popped into a regular envelope that had torn open and it was pure luck that the razor had not fallen out of it.
The stamps shows a total shipping cost of EUR 2.70 - and DHL was certainly not used.
dzjmlz.jpg

23uwqdd.jpg

So...I got a great looking razor but feel ripped off on the shipping cost.
I doubt contacting the seller will result in a reply so this weekend I think I'll file a claim with eBay to see if there is anything they can do as the whole thing doesn't sit quite right with me.

Heard back from eBay about the case I opened and I got a full refund of 21 Euro (even though I only claimed 16.30 Euro)
Apparently the seller also refused replying back to them as well.

End of the day - sure, it was frustrating/annoying - I did end up with a fully free razor.
(I honestly would had preferred to pay for it and the actual shipping cost...but all is well that ends well)

Shaving goodies from the USA,
I usually have my equipment from all over shipped to the USA and then have the whole box shipped to India
Indian posts are very notorious for "losing" things, and lot of palm greasing to release the packages
cheers all
raj k

View attachment 17568 View attachment 17569 View attachment 17570 View attachment 17571

Excellent haul raj.

I'm currently in India and was thinking of ordering a few bits and send to here but thanks for the heads up!

Excellent haul raj.

I'm currently in India and was thinking of ordering a few bits and send to here but thanks for the heads up!

Thank you Dipesh,
if you are ordering within India, I would suggest Blue Dart or if international I use FedEx they are pretty good but steeply priced, I ordered some stuff from Boeing and ended up paying more than the cost of the order itself in the guise of customs duty, excise and octroi, plus diwali baksheesh :(
raj k

I bought mine from the same ebay seller without any problems... I hope he'll be back on ebay...
Though I have brought from him before , my latest order has not turned up -so very disappointed.
There are other sellers on E Bay,

PS They have turned up-took 6 weeks

Last edited:
My mistake, sorry. It's an HD rocket.

I've only used my Rocket HD with Astra SPs and Gillette Sharp Edges. My personal experience has been excellent, very smooth, forgiving, close and easy to use. It's not in the best condition: there's brassing on the head, a dented side plate and the TTO mechanism has seen better days, but the quality of the shave seems unaffected. Maybe it's a "YMMV" thing.

I've ordered another one but it hasn't arrived yet.

Back
Top Bottom