Acquisitions, 1st September to 30th September 2015

I got this lovely Culmak brush and Gillette style ball end razor in.
IMG_20150916_243019714_zpsiag8gset.jpg

But wait!...there's something strange about them. Here they are again, but with a Simpson's Wee Scot and Wee Scot Nano to give them perspective.
IMG_20150916_243141108_zpsmgtxwkee.jpg

Not familiar with the size of those brushes? Let's put a DE razor blade in the three piece razor...
IMG_20150916_243450057_zpsxd5z2wom.jpg

Look at that blade exposure! I think this little guy might be a tad bit aggressive. What do you guys think?

I'm not even going to try to use the brush. It doesn't have animal hair in it, it has some sort of natural fiber, very soft and fine hairs. It's obviously a toy or display piece, and way too small for use.

Last edited:
My resistance lasted all of about thirty minutes. This thing hand lathers fine, though I wouldn't want to have to use it. Gave off a definite animal odor, though it's no hair I recognize. From the softness, it is probably goat hair.

Last edited:
Haha! That tiny razor is superb! :D
I figured out what it is. It's a 1930's Ladies "The Laurel" Boudoir Safety Razor.

...AKA "The coochie razor."
Edit: "The Laurel" Boudoir Ladies Safety Razor is the smallest functional safety razor ever made!

Measuring in at a tiny 40mm ( 1 9/16" ) long, the style is a classic 3 piece, ball end Tech in nickel plated brass.

It is advertised as the safest of safety razors & was meant for the more intimate areas of feminine grooming! Made in Sheffield, England by "Dumb-Bell".

The Razor measures 40mm long x 22mm across the head.

Reading this again I believe i am wrong as the one on the left is what I was referring too. Please remind me Bechet.
Surely your £120 can't remember the name brush that you are thinking of selling in the pharmacy. I have an original and several artisan handles based on the shape - and another on the way.

Ah yes Carl as I assumed, but surely this is more akin to the brush on the left? Handle shape wise? Taking the advice of others I'm not going to get it for tge the shop, can be bought cheaper elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom