Acquisitions - 31st to the 6th Feb 2011

I bought a 6/8 Vintage Sterling straight Razor from Neils bargain page. It has just arrived. All I need to do now is to summon up the courage to use it :lol:

Hiya,

This unopened bottle of Cherry Marnier is from a recent estate sale find. I'm guessing it was originally sold back in the late 60s-early 70s era. Yes, that's red velvet covering the bottle.....heh.

Not quite sure what I'm gonna do with this little treasure. I hate the idea of actually opening it and trying some, but I AM a bit intrigued. I'd imagine the contents are fine and I might even like the stuff, but cracking the seal is tough for me. Sheeesh.

This might be a good candidate for ebay.....who knows. Because I like you guys, I would offer it up for say.........$450, plus shipping of course. Yeah, I'll probably regret suggesting this incredible deal, but friendship is more important than money......sometimes.

Martin

Attachments

• Cherry Marnier 002.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 26
  • Cherry Marnier 003.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 26
Arrived today Prof Blightys' Formula 31 Lime Cream and Lime AS.

Will post views when I have tried it but first impression is ,' he did'nt scrimp on the fragrence'. What a fantastic smell.

Thanks Martin.

Bought Saturday but arrived and waiting for me when I got home was a Vulfix 404 mix brush (Thanks Sharon) and a sample pack consisting of the following 90 blades from fleabay:

5 x Astra Superior Platinum
5 x Astra Superior Stainless
10 x Derby Extra
10 x Dorco 300 Platinum
10 x Feather New Hi-Stainless
10 x Wilkinson Sword Stainless (India)
10 x Super-Max Stainless
10 x Treet Durasharp Carbon
10 x Treet Platinum
10 x Trig Silver Edge

Really happy with the brush, only tried the feathers out of the list above so plenty to play with over the next couple of weeks! :shave

jonboy said:
Bought Saturday but arrived and waiting for me when I got home was a Vulfix 404 mix brush (Thanks Sharon) and a sample pack consisting of the following 90 blades from fleabay:

5 x Astra Superior Platinum
5 x Astra Superior Stainless
10 x Derby Extra
10 x Dorco 300 Platinum
10 x Feather New Hi-Stainless
10 x Wilkinson Sword Stainless (India)
10 x Super-Max Stainless
10 x Treet Durasharp Carbon
10 x Treet Platinum
10 x Trig Silver Edge

Really happy with the brush, only tried the feathers out of the list above so plenty to play with over the next couple of weeks! :shave

Have fun trying out the new blades jonboy!

Arko shave stick,this acquisition disorder is getting serious,I simply don't have a clue why I purchased this,I haven't even tried the one I already have,but again £1.40 with free delivery and they got me :evil:

James_uk said:
Arko shave stick,this acquisition disorder is getting serious,I simply don't have a clue why I purchased this,I haven't even tried the one I already have,but again £1.40 with free delivery and they got me :evil:

'I've got this bridge ..........

Newly arrived from the East Indies... spices, gold and platinum
5410365440_a621acecbe_o.jpg

Arrived this morning from Connaught Shaving:

10x Shark SS
10x Treet Super Platinum
1x Musgo Real lime oil soap

Tried the soap as a pre-shave face wash earlier. Smell takes a little getting used to; not sure whether it made any difference, but I'll keep using it and see if there are any long-term benefits.

Back
Top Bottom