Acquisitions - 31st to the 6th Feb 2011

Late 1940's super speed from Dodgy in lovely shiny condition. A peach.
Arko soap
super sharp blades (these are very good)
A newbies kit from james_uk!!!
Palmolive sticks x3
30 Nacet blades!
Cheers, Slick.

A really good condition cased English Red Tip Superspeed of Ebay.[attachment=0]
Gave it a go this morning with a Feather and it performed great, I was a bit cautious with all the talk of it being aggressive, but no trouble at all. My technique must be getting better :D

And a T-3 Black Handled Superspeed on it's way from the US (right quarter of birth year) :hungrig

This arrived from Professor Blighty yesterday :D
But I wasn't in to accept it :(

2011-02-02155101.jpg

2011-02-02155133.jpg

Very well presented and marvellous initial aroma :D
But the most amazing thing to me was that I requested a bespoke scent on a Saturday evening and I would have been shaving with it on Tuesday if I'd been in to accept it, bloody amazing service :cool:
I'll review it later :shave

Prof Blighty's Lavender and Rosemary aftershave Balm. Haven't used it yet but I had to open it up and the scent was straight from Heaven. Incredibly fast delivery, as well

From the Bay of E:

BladesKeys00102-02-2011-1.png

• One dozen tube-squeezer keys (in three sizes) ...[/list:u]

NacetSuperPlatinums-Malaysian001-02-02-2011-1.png

• ... & 169 Malaysian Gillette Nacet Super Platinums.
      • They started out as "100 Flying Eagle blades" (Chinese), "plus 50 free safety razor blades" that the seller hadn't 100% identified to me but included some Rhinos.
        • When the first lot hadn't shown within the first week, the seller got in touch with me! - and said they'd send out another bunch. They then said the substitution blades would be Gillettes, and were in the post.
          • They arrived wrapped, but loose in a standard non-Jiffy-type envelope (other brands are available).

SWMBA went off on a rant about 'common sense packaging' for shipping very sharp er, well ... sharps, via the mail. Then she ran out of steam.
              • ... or became distracted,
                • ... or something - I might not have been paying much attention, as I had to count the blades before making dinner.
                    • ... and then cleaning out the guinea pig cage,
                      • ... etc[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Rocket HD arrived from Ebay.

Box spotless, if a tad scratched, razor gunked up to hell with a blade in situ.

A bit of elbow grease and she's come up a treat, no brassing, dings, dongs, scratches or plate loss, just a little bit of dulling.

[attachment=0]

Attachments

• IMAG0141 (Custom).jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 39
A brand new Rolls Razor, boxed, with all the paperwork, including the inspection sheet, instructions and a list of worldwide distributors. (includes some ex-colonies)
Looks like it has never been used, but will be!

mkyZT.jpg

vx5wL.jpg

Really happy about this one, thanks to Pedro for acting as a go-between!

Max

In the last week or so I have received :-

A great blade sampler from JohnnyO with lots of different blades for me to try
Two tubs of Professor Blighty's Formula 31 cream (1xLemon and 1xPeppermint).
1 Bottle of Professor Blighty's lemon aftershave - which I have just opened in the office and the place now smells divine

Thank you both very much indeed :D

These arrived yesterday, but as usual I was at work and unable to accept them :roll:
2011-02-04133609.jpg

Those are my birth date coded adjustable slim :D a pack of Crystal blades, a decant of 70's Old Spice and a sample of J.Peterman 1903 shaving cream, thank you Martin.
Also a Wade scuttle picked up off of the "bay" for £2.98 delivered :D

Back
Top Bottom