Acquisitions - December 2022

And some more.

I've never used a proper straight razor before and this is a just a cheap one to practice with and doesn't matter too much if I damage it when honing. Supposedly shave ready but it didn't seem to remove much stubble. Will give it a better try when I have more time. At least I didn't cut myself with itPXL_20221224_212252829.jpgPXL_20221225_094140315.jpg

Last edited:
200 Treet Platinum, 200 Treet Classic Carbon, 100 Gillette Nacet, 2 cakes of Kent (MWF) shaving soap, 2 100ml spray bottles of James Bronnley Original EdT and 2 La Barbiera 60g shaving soaps (1 Sweet Orange & 1 Classic) and last but not least, 50 Rapira Platinum Lux.

I also got 2 Culmak shaving soaps which are absolutely terrible and barely fit for washing with plus a bottle of Banana Republic Neroli Woods EdP which I’m not too impressed with either.

After that lot, I am imposing a moratorium on future purchases except possibly for more Gillette Nacet blades and any outrageously good offers on MWF.

Ye gods, how on earth shall I’ll keep this lot away from Matron’s prying eyes? Honestly, ruddy woman’s a menace.

A couple of scents for Christmas

20221226_091057.jpg

The Floris Elite was bought after I received a sample with the shaving soap Ibobtained earlier in the year. My wife lives the fresh slant it carries. Samples do work against the wallet.

The Dior homme intense came after a rather attractive lady gave me a spray(?) in a department store. I appeared to be wearing it several days later. The projection is massive. Attractive ladies do work against the wallet.

Last edited:
Last purchase of the year and hopefully none for the next
View attachment 97990
Boars aren't solitary creatures, you need at least ten to make them happy. (y)

Screen-Shot-2021-08-18-at-11.38.17-AM.png

Mrs D and her parents have enabled me, just a little. Whilst it's not quite what everyone would expect, it's all shave related.

Mrs D was quite happy that she had managed to get wooden scales on the shavette she picked as part of the set she bought from Russell's online.

I'll give it all a good run out making sure to let my enablers know I'm very happy to let them continue, although I think I should have mentioned Wool Fat, etc. when talking to them.

After today's shave though, may just use my Tech so I'm not ripping my face off with the Bailihua!

Attachments

• IMG_20221226_145016.jpg
    IMG_20221226_145016.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom