Acquisitions June 2023

Bought these a few weeks ago but have only just got them. £5 plus postage for all three.
I bought mainly so I could have a replacement full bottle for a recent Imperial Leather set with a part used one.
PXL_20230617_112803992.jpg
Oddly the one in the set of three says 58cc whereas the one in my set says 60cc.
PXL_20230512_141610463.jpg
Of all three I'd say the Cussons smells the best.

I've had the Cussons before ... purple label? I can't quite make it out with the back light.

Nice catch with the Imperial Leather! Mmmm ... Brilliantine. What a great "thing of the past" :ROFLMAO:
Yes it is purple. I have never professed to be any good at taking photos. I can just about point it vaguely in the direction of the thing I wish to photograph.

Brilliantine is probably something I think I've seen on a relative when I was young but possibly not... Ubiquitous in the sixties and later on with men who were young in the sixties and continuing that style into their later years, so seen plenty of examples on TV and film.

Double barrelled razors for me!

Di3gReT.jpg

@Blackmass have you used the newer 2017 Nacets before? I used one today. I'm not sure if I am making it up but I think it might be a different blade to the pre 2017 Nacet.
Funny you should mention it…I’ve used Nacet blades before (maybe they were pre-2017, can’t be sure).

I used one from the new pack Friday night and last night. I think the branding on the blade looked different and it wasn’t as smooth as the last pack I used, which I bought a few years ago.

I bought a new pack of Nacet’s as they worked brilliantly in my Outlaw razor.

I’ll have a look in my used blade jar to see what the old Nacet blades look like and get back to you.

Funny you should mention it…I’ve used Nacet blades before (maybe they were pre-2017, can’t be sure).

I used one from the new pack Friday night and last night. I think the branding on the blade looked different and it wasn’t as smooth as the last pack I used, which I bought a few years ago.

I bought a new pack of Nacet’s as they worked brilliantly in my Outlaw razor.

I’ll have a look in my used blade jar to see what the old Nacet blades look like and get back to you.

The new ones have a 5 in the bottom right hand corner, and there is a different of font for the word Gillette. The old ones have a round dot on the I, whilst the new ones have a different shaped dot on the I.

You can see this same branding on the blades as well. It might be difficult to capture on the picture but you can see it when you have the two blades in front of yourself. Also the old one is Nacet with an 'R' to the side, the new one has a 'TM'

I used a new one yesterday and it was a lot less sharp than the older ones. I will try an old one to see for sure. I've used a lot of the old ones and this one seemed different from the very outset.

IMG_20230619_112004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom