Acquisitions June 2023

A lovely soap, difficult to find out who makes it though! I think it's french, the name kind of gives it away, but the manufacturer is harder to find!

Paul.
I've heard that it's manufactured in France for a Seattle-based company. Interestingly, it's produced by the same group responsible for this product:

Based on a few online reviews, I decided to purchase the aforementioned product. According to those reviews, it was supposed to be virtually identical to the No.63 base, with only one ingredient being different (argan oil instead of shea butter). Unfortunately, it appears that the formulation has recently been changed, and now the dreaded Sodium Palmate and Sodium Palm Kernelate are the first two ingredients (despite the information stated on Amazon). Consequently, the result is incredibly disappointing and as piss poor as Trumper soaps.

I wrote the Amazon Seller an email to complain. Fortunately, they responded in a very understanding and accommodating manner, and issued a refund without any complications or objections.

I've heard that it's manufactured in France for a Seattle-based company. Interestingly, it's produced by the same group responsible for this product:

Based on a few online reviews, I decided to purchase the aforementioned product. According to those reviews, it was supposed to be virtually identical to the No.63 base, with only one ingredient being different (argan oil instead of shea butter). Unfortunately, it appears that the formulation has recently been changed, and now the dreaded Sodium Palmate and Sodium Palm Kernelate are the first two ingredients (despite the information stated on Amazon). Consequently, the result is incredibly disappointing and as piss poor as Trumper soaps.

I wrote the Amazon Seller an email to complain. Fortunately, they responded in a very understanding and accommodating manner, and issued a refund without any complications or objections.
41OBkA70ZTL._AC_.jpg

I wish they would stop all these reformulations, many a good soap has been ruined by their tinkering!

Paul.

Somebody stop me!
I've been away from the forums for a while now. I came back and here is the result of the last few weeks: Yaqi excalibur head, Rockwell ss handle, Schick injector, Omega 11126, Semogue 1305, Yaqi green obsidian, vintage MWF, DR Harris Windsor, TOBS cream, Filarmonica 13, shubodani stone.
Not pictured are two veggie MWF, one Lea and one Speick sticks, 4711 splash, Lea balm, LaToja balm, 10 packs of Gillette Platinums (they have changed the wax points on the blades btw) and a few packs of wintage blades that are still on their way.

20230626_203731.jpg

Somebody stop me!
I've been away from the forums for a while now. I came back and here is the result of the last few weeks: Yaqi excalibur head, Rockwell ss handle, Schick injector, Omega 11126, Semogue 1305, Yaqi green obsidian, vintage MWF, DR Harris Windsor, TOBS cream, Filarmonica 13, shubodani stone.
Not pictured are two veggie MWF, one Lea and one Speick sticks, 4711 splash, Lea balm, LaToja balm, 10 packs of Gillette Platinums (they have changed the wax points on the blades btw) and a few packs of wintage blades that are still on their way.

View attachment 107966

Nice haul!

Gillette platinum 2 blobs of wax vs 4 neat spots of wax. The top blade is actually darker.
View attachment 107972

View attachment 107973

Are they from the dark blue packs?

The ones that looks like this?

s-l1600_8_360x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom