Acquisitions Mon 13 - Sun 19 April

Hi,

I've finally managed to pick up a couple of Wickham soaps (Spice Trade and English Rose) that I got from a BST from DaveQ on here. Initial sniffs are promising, can't wait to try one later tonight.

[attachment=13703][attachment=13704]
Another ER 1914
Have to stop now,and decide on what to keep. Not sure if right box. but short stop
1914 is very clean.Original blades too.

Attachments

• P5010027.jpg
    P5010027.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 24
  • P5010028.jpg
    P5010028.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 24
Just been to Boyes and spent a fortune :icon_wink:
2 packs Wilkies 59p ea, was all they had
Ingram cream £1.59
Supermax classic cream 89p

IMG_20150416_145404394.jpg

My newly acquired New Unused Schick Type G
nnnnnnnn_zpstu84jgpr.jpg
[/URL][/img]
Another shot of the Schick

The postman delivered my parcel today.....I am over the moon with it as the seller did not mention that this razor was in New Unused Condition......The Schick has the factory dummy blade still in place and the Injector Key is full of the original blades and instructions.......The Vintage Mug was included in the price and its a thing of beauty ..........:icon_razz:

Fergiebilly said:
nnnnnnnn_zpstu84jgpr.jpg
[/URL][/img]
Another shot of the Schick

The postman delivered my parcel today.....I am over the moon with it as the seller did not mention that this razor was in New Unused Condition......The Schick has the factory dummy blade still in place and the Injector Key is full of the original blades and instructions.......The Vintage Mug was included in the price and its a thing of beauty ..........:icon_razz:

That's a VERY lucky score! Enjoy it. The G-type is a very nice shaver.

Fergiebilly said:
The Schick has the factory dummy blade still in place and the Injector Key is full of the original blades and instructions.......

Couple things, the first being don't try and open the head up by turning that lever. It will look like it's been done before but do not mess with it.

Also, those old blades will give you a rough ride.

Nice addition to your arsenal if you like an aggressive razor,

Martin

[attachment=13726]

Quick delivery on these. Hopefully they nice to use. Dusty enough to be the 70's real deal . Made in england stamp on the back of the blade box.
Fingers crossed anyhow.

Attachments

• vintage wilks.jpg
    vintage wilks.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 35
dodgy said:
Fergiebilly said:
The Schick has the factory dummy blade still in place and the Injector Key is full of the original blades and instructions.......

Couple things, the first being don't try and open the head up by turning that lever. It will look like it's been done before but do not mess with it.

Also, those old blades will give you a rough ride.

Nice addition to your arsenal if you like an aggressive razor,

Martin
Hi Martin, thanks for keeping me right......:sI would have gave one of them a spin.....I will stick to the personna blades I got from Connaughts Shaving Supplies......Yeah, I wont be trying to open or mess with it.....

Thanks again:icon_razz:

Billy

My newly acquired Micromatic Bullet Tip..
ggggggggg_zpsfexhogrn.jpg
[/URL][/img]
Another shot Micromatic Bullet Tip
jjjjjjjj_zpsp4dcl6zq.jpg
[/URL][/img]

The Bullet Tip arrived in the post this afternoon.......:blush:

I acquired the Bullet Tip and the Closed Comb Micromatic for £7.40 and £12.00 postage from across the pond.........The Bullet Tip is a later plastic model which is in mint condition.......It was the Bullet Tip that I was after, as I have already acquired a new Unused Closed Comb......Its a freebie really and its in nice condition as well......Couldn't believe my luck .....:icon_razz:

I had a shave with the Bullet Tip today and I must say I really like it.......I thought that the head was identical to a GEM G Bar and therefore it would shave the same....Whilst its not the most aggressive razor, its certainly doesn't shave like a GEM G Bar......The plastic tip seems to allow the weight of the razor to fall onto your face .......Don't know if that was GEMs intention, but it works for me.....:icon_rolleyes:

My first Schick arrived today - a gold Schick Krona in gold in fantastic condition.

There's a bit of dirt/dust on it as I haven't had a chance to clean it up yet:

2z5ujy9.jpg

34g69ua.jpg

It came in a lot with these other four razors;
- Two Gillette Trac razors,
- One no-name brassish razor in velvet pouch, and
- One Plastic Schick disposable.

Unless someone tells me that that Plastic Schick is the "Schick Unobtanium DE" made in uber low quantities and now basically impossible to find and that it goes for a lot of money - odds are all these four razors will end up in own personal landfill [which is a small box now containing about 10 razors that I have no interest in and have little to no perceived value. Their future is grim and up in the air].

2vkgw80.jpg

Just put my name on the gold/brass one, will you? When it comes to the Great End of Year Sale, I may wind up with something and that razor could be dropped in to give the parcel some ballast :D

The Schick looks to be a direct copy of Gillette's Daisy/Swivel. As a matter of fact, those can pick up a quid or two on eBay!

If you look at the inside of the head on the Trac II razors, you'll see a date code: letter on one side, number on the other. Perhaps folks in the Birth Year Razors thread might be interested? Blades are quite readily available and they make super travel razors.

See, now you're thinking "Meh!?" to the Schick Krona ... it's all about the Tracs :D

Back
Top Bottom