Acquisitions Mon 2nd - Sun 8th May incl.

After being inspired by the many talented people on here, I've decided to have a go at making my own soaps, aftershaves and colognes, for my own use. Have been reading up and doing quite a bit of research, and have now started ordering bits and pieces and receiving some.

imag0172h.jpg

The little bottles at the back are fragrance and essential oils, and the big bottles are witch hazel and glycerin.

Have got some clay for the soap arriving tomorrow, as well as some more Essential Oils. Will also be getting hold of some vodka for a cologne experiment :D

Waiting for me when i got home from offshore yesterday.
My soap and brush and bowl from MOL
Big Daddy strop from Nigel
2 Straights i sent to Andy to get Honed

Thanks to all

To add to this weeks haul.

A Merkur Bakelite 45C Razor.

It's cheap and cheerful and I liked the Bakelite look. It will be used as part of my travelling kit. Must say it was a Buy It now on Ebay, ordered yesterday afternoon, delivered this morning !!!!!

The Sofa backdrop is back by popular demand !! :lol:

Went to a car Boot this morning and found this: (well worth the £2.00 investment) needs a clean and polish.

96c33805.jpg

9fd1841e.jpg

And when walking out i came across these beauties, (Coffee Walnut and Chocolate yum yum, £2.50 each.....)
my GF sister is coming round today and she has a little boy so a slice of this will keep his blood sugar sky high
whilst playing on my playstation. :D

c9d84cf4.jpg

44329d0e.jpg

Hiya,

Got the Surrey pucks and they're all the pre VDH reformulated melt and pour versions. Excellent! I'd bought 12 of these about a year ago and was down to the last puck and a half in my shaving arsenal. Yeah, I go through this stuff pretty fast because it's a favorite of mine.

Nice having a little back up,

Martin

Attachments

• Surrey 4 pack 002 (Small).jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 33
  • Surrey 4 pack 001 (Small).jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 33
A vintage hoffritz travel razor and rex brush! cheers steve :mrgreen:

Barbershop bay rum AS :hungrig

404 Bodger.

[attachment=0]

Attachments

• 187498c9.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 115
  • 25fb8a8a.jpg
  • b576991b.jpg
I suspect someone in Wales will have a very big smile on his face when he manages to get that Aristocrat Jr. from our Sunster... :p
What a nice razor that is. And truly an excellent shaver.

Wishing the potential buyer all the best. Very nice shots Steve, very good quality level especially for B/S/T board type of job.

N_Architect said:
I suspect someone in Wales will have a very big smile on his face when he manages to get that Aristocrat Jr. from our Sunster... :p
What a nice razor that is. And truly an excellent shaver.

Wishing the potential buyer all the best. Very nice shots Steve, very good quality level especially for B/S/T board type of job.

I can't imagine who that could be, but what a lucky little chappy he is :D :D :D

I'll PM you in the morning 'K' :)
regards, beejay

Today I decided to check out a big messy, second hand shop that usually has nothing of interest. This time was an exception as you might have guessed :roll:
I stumbled upon a small, zippered case and asked if could take a look. It appeared to be a shaving travel set based upon a Gillette flare tipped Rocket, with the name of the original owner engraved on one of the doors of the razor.
It appears that this razor hasn't been used much as it is in pristine condition. There is a small nick on one of the doors, probably from the metal zipper.
It might not be a very valuable find (I paid 10 euro, which is about $15) but I like it very much!

Anyway, on to the pictures:
IMG_8497.jpg

IMG_8498.jpg

The engraving can be seen here:
IMG_8499.jpg

yes very nice set, looking at the plating and knurling, razor does look hardly used if at all, like the engraving on the door, i wonder if that is something that can be done at any engravers ?????, as it's nice to give a mint vintage razor to a son, father, brother etc as a gift, having a name or initials engraved on it just adds that much more sentimental value.

just my opinion for what it's worth ;)

steve

When I took the razor out it still had a gillette blue blade in it. There are 4 blades remaining in the blades holder and I wouldn't be surprised if the blade I found in the razor is the first and last blade in it before I bought it.
About the engraving, it looks as if it has been done before the razor was plated, because I can't see brass in the deeper parts of the engraving. Is this possible? I mean, did gillette do custom engravings in the fifties of sixties?

Marcel said:
When I took the razor out it still had a gillette blue blade in it. There are 4 blades remaining in the blades holder and I wouldn't be surprised if the blade I found in the razor is the first and last blade in it before I bought it.
About the engraving, it looks as if it has been done before the razor was plated, because I can't see brass in the deeper parts of the engraving. Is this possible? I mean, did gillette do custom engravings in the fifties of sixties?

didn't Gillette do custom sets / razors etc as gifts for top salesmen and directors, i'm sure that i read that on a well known USA shaving forum ?

steve

Back
Top Bottom