Acquisitions - October 2022

Ordered yesterday at 1130, arrived this morning, exactly 24h. Hats off to the post office of course, but I have to say, Connaught never cease to amaze me how they manage to dispatch orders so fast. Cheers Paul, your service is legendary.
Feather Pro and Kai Pink to keep my AC razors ready to rock and roll for the foreseeable future. If I get 10 shaves from a blade and were hypothetically to ignore my DE and SR gear, I have over a years supply with these 2.
20221022_113412.jpg

Vintage shave brush custom restoration new 20mm Boti synthetic knot

sXJd8t8.jpg
I’ve just used Boti synthetic knots on two of my old brushes. They are by far the best quality that I’ve used.

Ordered yesterday at 1130, arrived this morning, exactly 24h. Hats off to the post office of course, but I have to say, Connaught never cease to amaze me how they manage to dispatch orders so fast. Cheers Paul, your service is legendary.
Feather Pro and Kai Pink to keep my AC razors ready to rock and roll for the foreseeable future. If I get 10 shaves from a blade and were hypothetically to ignore my DE and SR gear, I have over a years supply with these 2.
View attachment 95187
Connaught have always been fantastic with their dispatch times, one of the better vendors out there in shaveland! :)

Paul.

I keep seeing these FB posts on lucky bastards that get a mint condition toggle, or other such immaculate condition vintage razor for a dollar or a quid. So, methinks I'll try the local antique dealers!

I didn't come away empty handed, but for a fiver, I got this shaving mug, the accompanying soap and what looks like an unused Culmac brush. The brush filaments are just dropping out though, so it looks like I'll be searching the restoration pages r.e. re-knotting the brush.

As for the mug, anyone seen anything like it? The soap fits nicely in its plastic in the top of the mug and there's a little damage where the wrapper has been knackered, but I reckon I can try use the soap after chopping the top layer off.

The razor is for my daughter to display in the barbering room at the college. I'll give it a bit of a clean up first though!

Attachments

• IMG_20221022_192140__01.jpg
    IMG_20221022_192140__01.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20221023_014107__01.jpg
    IMG_20221023_014107__01.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 17
View attachment 95187
I fully agree with Pauls from Connaught service.
He will be getting my order of SE blades when I have finished testing out the ones I was sent with my Hawk and finally settle on a favourite.

Back
Top Bottom