Acquisitions - week Mar. 21st to Mar. 27th incl.

Yet another Tech. Canadian fat handle. This one has the triangle hole base plate. Boxed of course. Think that's it for fat handle techs now. Still need to find the rest of the thin handles mind.

Took a punt on another ERN straight as well. 5 quid delivered, photos were god awful so it might be pretty rubbish buy hey, it's a fiver.

I bought something y'day evening at the supermarket - a very sexy porcelain 'scuttle' type of thing.
Even though technically it's an acquisition from last week, I suppose it can be reported here. :)

7 Platinum Schick Injector blades (NOS - made in Holland).

Now I can finally try out the Schick Injector Golden 500 that has been sat in the drawer for the past couple of months :)

Jos

Hiya,

Won this goofy thing last week and will hopefully see what the hell it's like sometime in the next ten days or so. Heh, I'm not quite sure why I bought it, having never heard of this brand of razor. Actually, that's not quite true.......I'm hoping it's gonna shave like a mild open comb type. Those teeth don't look aggressive at all, but who knows. Heh, one more reason I bought this razor is because the knurling looks like a similar pattern as my darts had. Yes, I usta chuck some spears in my 'yout' (said in my best Cousin Vinnie voice)

With any luck the razor have some decent weight and be in nice shape. I contacted the seller and he told me current DE blades were gonna be fine to use. Truth be told, I can't really tell how many pieces it breaks down to. I also have no clue when it was made or exactly where. Sheeeesh, it's a crapshoot for sure.

Martin

Interesting looking razor there Dodgy. Looking forward to your experience with it and further photos.

Oh as I'm posting here anyway better list this week's purchase: a Gillette New (my first opencomb) from the excellent French Blade who actually posted the item before I even got round to paying for it. AND he hasn't even had any dealings with me before, so top bloke.

NotTheStig said:
Interesting looking razor there Dodgy. Looking forward to your experience with it and further photos.

Oh as I'm posting here anyway better list this week's purchase: a Gillette New (my first opencomb) from the excellent French Blade who actually posted the item before I even got round to paying for it. AND he hasn't even had any dealings with me before, so top bloke.

Hi there,

Yeah, I'm sorta curious about the performance. It's tough to see how the blade's situated or what kinda gap there is. Wasn't all that pricey, and I figured on selling it to Slick if I hated the thing. Yeah, he's well hooked by now and will believe about anything I say (just between you and me of course).

Max has also helped me out in the recent past. A rare combination of a very good seller and a contributing and helpful forum member.

[attachment=2][attachment=1][attachment=0]I had a bit of splurge...Vintage Kirby Beard, Hoffritz Slant and Yardley shave soap.

Dewalt Impact driver for building a tree house. :roll:

antdad said:
I had a bit of splurge...Vintage Kirby Beard, Hoffritz Slant and Yardley shave soap.

Dewalt Impact driver for building a tree house. :roll:

Holy crap!

You had a nice little week there. I'm talking about the Dewalt of course. You must be very proud. Oh yeah, the other stuff is ok too.

Congrats on the excellent additions to your shaving arsenal,

Martin

Arrived last week but I've been up to my eyeballs so didn't have time to post -

250 ml bottle of Institut Karite Aftershave Balm

From Gil of wwwtheshavebutler.com as recommended by Islander

Years ago i used to use Johnsons Sensitive Baby Lotion in the white bottle. The IK is the closest thing I've found since but actually works better for me! I've found the one....

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shaving soap (in bowl).

Might try the English Fern too if I can pick it up cheap enough.

Superspeed 1964 J-3 Birth year and quarter. Very pleased as only £12 from USA inc postage. Very nice condition no plate loss, doors working great. I have given it a clean with toothpaste its been in sterilising solution and will be used tomorrow morning. :D

Attachments

• Superspeed.JPG
    361 bytes · Views: 129
I got this in the post today :D
2011-03-22141759.jpg

2011-03-22141845.jpg

2011-03-22142021.jpg

I also picked up one in poor overall condition at a carboot for £2, the blade and strop on that one are more than usable though :shave

Question is do I shave with it?

Back
Top Bottom