Acquisitions - week Mar. 21st to Mar. 27th incl.

IanM said:
No shaving purchases until the bank account recovers, because I bought this.

civiconline.jpg

Honda Civic 1.8 i-VTEC SE. The old Accord was showing some signs of age.

Ian

You will like that mate. I have just bought my second one in January. Both were the 2.2 turbo desiel. fantastic cars can't fault them. :lol:

To complete my coverage of the cheaper end of the market-

Erasmic cream
Ingrams cream
RSC Shave cream

already have palmolive cream and stick.....bargains.

Thinks its about 49p or 59p in either bodycare or wilkos as well Fido, cant recall which as I frequented many bargain stores today!!!!

The RSC cream was £1.19....bodycare

Erasmic £1......savers

Ingrams £1.73.....S/drug

Quite alot of cream for decent prices I think and I think all three of those have had good reviews on here. As a head shaver aswell I need to have some value creams in stock otherwise this 'cheaper' way of shaving could get expensive :lol: if I used the more pricey stuff all the time.

Ikon Bulldog handle ordered last weekend arrived today. Amazing service! Has some serious heft.

So I've put the head off my DE87 onto it and am eagerly awaiting the chance to try it out. And the DE 87 handle now sports a tech head, but I dont suppose I will get round to trying that combination out till next week.

This weekend I shall also be using for the first time Prof Blighty's new Black and White collection. Great!

New toy off Antdad.....which by the style of the case probably makes it a 66 Coronation Set - Blue Blade Box ;)
dsc00755gd.jpg

I think at some point the box (as honestly described I hasten to add) had stopped a bullet, which is handy to know ;)

Mind you it did it's job and kept the razor nice and safe.

Now, to hide it and the packaging before Mrs M gets back :roll: ;) :)

Cant really say these are all from today as well they have arrived over the last few days,

But here we go, Test Tube Rack for my razors, a few quid of the bay
random25311013_edited-1.jpg

Now we have some Monsavon SS, that I have transfered into a glass bowl I brought 4 of last week 50p each
I got a card of 100 x Gillette Nacet Stainless blades, of the bay for 99p plus postage, couldn't say no at that price
My first Badger brush the little Simpsons B1 (thanks Mick)
And the Ever Ready I got a few weeks back (don't think I mentioned this then)
random25311027_edited-1.jpg

My next purchase and I think I got an amazing bargain with this one, went to the local market/carboot sitting on this dusty old table in a battered is box was what looked like a brush, there was me thinking some old dead thing but upon closer inspection was this, doesn't look like its been used, was a bit pricy though, she wanted a £1.50 for it, I managed to get her down to £1 ;)
random25311034_edited-1.jpg

random25311032_edited-1.jpg

And my final purchase
Erin-Williams-1.jpg

A completely self-contained replacement heart to replace the one destroyed by my heart attack caused by Pig Cat this afternoon - bastard :twisted:

oh brought a light tent, 5 in 1 reflector and a battery pack for my camera AND managed to arrange an Apprenticeship with a professional photographer SO I might actually be able to learn to use all this gear I have :oops:

Nice work Evvaa with the Semogue 1305, absolute bargain. I have finally broken mine in and it produces and brilliant lather.

Did she have a Semogue SOC :lol:

just tried my first lather with it using nthe monsavon, god was it hard work BUT with time will get better :0) loved the soap though, such a smooth feel during and after.

Need to check her table more oftern, on the table a couple of weeks ago I got 100ml old spice for 50p or something :D

Evvaa said:
just tried my first lather with it using nthe monsavon, god was it hard work

My observation - if I make the first lather on a new Monsavon with a soft (badger) brush it is hard work. If I use a stiffer (boar/badger mix) brush it's easy... once you get past the first lather with the stiffer brush (or the first couple with the soft one) it's plain sailing with either.

It's almost like there's a skin or barrier that has to be removed to get to the goodies.

Italian Floid
DR Harris Almond Oil bath soap

d9032164.jpg

Some samples from Canuck. Caldey Island lavender, DR Harris lavender water, Truefitt and Hill West Indian Limes cream and balm along with a pack of Gillette 7 o'clock yellows. Cheers.

Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood (lovely fragrance)
Mama Bears Turkish Mocha (just couldn't resist the call of Mama Bear)
Denby Tea Cup Denby from the Denby seconds shop here in Bideford £5.63 (holds heat well and the Milk Churn doesn't clank around as much)
Gillette Superspeed (Ebay)

A good week !!!!!

Attachments

• DSC01711.JPG
    361 bytes · Views: 95
Back
Top Bottom