Acquisitions - week Mar. 21st to Mar. 27th incl.

One Wee Scott and an Ogallalla Bonanza package. Bought on Badger & Hone's March sale.

Must say the little brush is actually smalle than first anticipated, but it also lathers better than anticipated, so that equals out! ;)

/Max

Two East German DE razors... both are the shaving equivalent of the Trabant :lol: Both are "Tech-alikes" although completely different to the Tech and quite different to each other.

The LM68 (original selling price 2 Ostmarks) seems much better finished on the device, the box however the adhesive has failed. It has two little lugs to hold the blade. It's made apparently entirely of aluminium.

The Golf (OSP 2.05 Ostmarks) - where to start? the picture on the box implies some really flashy device with a striated handle and an elegant knob on the end, there is even a claim to have "Ein Qualitätsbegriff" (A quality grip). The reality is a rather agricultural looking apparently entirely aluminium device. The knurling isn't cleanly cut, I'm not convinced it's actually knurled "square" either, it certainly seems to run off... It has pegs like the Gillette New for holding the blade in place.

Pictures later.

Barbershop Bay Rum Sample. Cheers Steve - Order for full bottle is in!

Prof Blighty's F31 Lime Cream and AS. This stuff is good! Everything you would want from a cream and AS, at a decent price and a great guy to deal with! :D

A Cyril R Salter razor stand for my EJ89, from Barber & Hone. Mild hiccup with the March Sale Discount, quickly remedied by NIck Jonty (thanks if you see this), speedily delivered and very nice to look at.

No pics cos, just cos. :D

oh, almost forgot - a sample pack from Trumpers, alas my nose is temporarily disabled due to a cold so I can't smell a damn thing!

Ainslie

From Dodgy in USA (good person BTW)
F2 Flare tip nearly mint
Mid 30's fat handled tech nearly mint (the one with the triangle not oblong cut outs) and spare gold! ball handle
QED rose soap for daugther
A Rotbart blade. I think a joke about me (surname Bartlett)
All lovingly packed.
I was promised monkey hair and dirty towels but they have not been included.

Plus from Canon 3 nannys samples Yushu, lavender and grapefruit.
Cheers,
Tim. :D :shave

My parcels have arrived,

The straight was a bit of a suprise, as I mentioned 5 quid shipped. It was labelled ERN razor.

Well it is, but is also something else.

I'll have to drop Andy another pm soon.

2ic7doy.jpg

xe304l.jpg

A Provence Sante shaving soap from Yellow Jim. Just got to me - long story. I've just shaved and it was lovely and slick with what I feel is an old-fashioned but pleasant scent. It's going to get a lot of use. :D

Well I was going to buy an Ikon but a friend said to try one of Bobs razor works Bull Mastiff Deluxe so it arrived today and what a piece of kit and such a lovely guy to deal with. I would recommend one of these and having now tried one of the other OC this is such a great razor for a great price as well and most of the heads on the Market will fit the handle as well

Attachments

• BM Deluxe 003.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 125
No shaving purchases until the bank account recovers, because I bought this.

civiconline.jpg

Honda Civic 1.8 i-VTEC SE. The old Accord was showing some signs of age.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom