Advice on soaps please

Hi Guys,

I've got a couple of cheap shaving soup and don't get on with and don't seem to get a decent lather from them,I was just wondering whether its safe to use them to wash my hair? I had a go the other day washing my body and hair with it and my hair felt kina sticky if you know what I mean.

My main concern is whether using shaving soup as a hair shampoo would cause hair loss or anything like that in the long run?

Cheers
James

Do not see why you would have a problem, you can use normal soap on hair no problem. I use solid shampoo out of choice as it irritates me the least.

But as for causing damage I don't see why.

James_uk said:
Hi Guys,

I've got a couple of cheap shaving soup and don't get on with and don't seem to get a decent lather from them,I was just wondering whether its safe to use them to wash my hair? I had a go the other day washing my body and hair with it and my hair felt kina sticky if you know what I mean.

My main concern is whether using shaving soup as a hair shampoo would cause hair loss or anything like that in the long run?

Cheers
James

Recipe please! :hungrig

It's not going to cause any damage (and I'm way past the point of caring on that one, I'm probably not far off shaving my head).
But as you're already finding, I doubt it's the best stuff to use. The forum soap gurus can undoubtedly explain the fundamental differences, but shaving soap isn't formulated the same as hair shampoo. I think shave soap has a high fat content.. probably not good to wash with.
You wouldn't shave with washing up liquid, and I wouldn't wash hair with shave soap. Buy some shampoo, ya tight git. ;)

As you said anyway, it was cheap stuff, so bin it or pif it.

Also interested in the shaving soup recipe, sounds tasty.

cozzyb said:
Do not see why you would have a problem, you can use normal soap on hair no problem. I use solid shampoo out of choice as it irritates me the least.

What are these solid shampoos that you speak of? And where do you get them?

Smell The Glove said:
cozzyb said:

Lush do them. I had one last year, it was very good - lasted ages but went gooey in the end. Well worth a look even if their other stuff can be a bit crap.

joe mcclaine said:
James_uk said:

I believe the Alkalionoids and Ph otrons in shaving soup have been linked to hair loss.

This can be countered by rubbing peanut butter on the hair before and Petit Filous after.

It was in the British Medical Journal. I remember reading it.

It was a Wednesday.

This chap has the right idea:

images

joe mcclaine said:
James_uk said:

I believe the Alkalionoids and Ph otrons in shaving soup have been linked to hair loss.

This can be countered by rubbing peanut butter on the hair before and Petit Filous after.

It was in the British Medical Journal. I remember reading it.

It was a Wednesday.

Thats right,it was definitely a wednesday

Pig Cat said:
Smell The Glove said:
cozzyb said:

Lush do them. I had one last year, it was very good - lasted ages but went gooey in the end. Well worth a look even if their other stuff can be a bit crap.

I'm curious. Every now and then while lurking other forums you get one of those "Recommend me a Shampoo" threads. Cue about 20 pages of people posting what they are using at that time. The shampoo bars usually get a good reaction.

Back
Top Bottom