Albums (CDs)

Imagine the album that contains the legendary 'Stairway to Heaven' not making it? Reckoned to be the most played track on Radio around the world, it's one hell of a composition. There are a good few other fantastic songs on it besides 'Stairway'. Thin Lizzy's 'Jailbreak' rocks from start to finish and contains the hugely famous 'Boys are Back in Town' so I'm very surprised at that not making it either.

Heh, Peter, I have a huge problem imagining you listening to Metallica's Black Album. Shotty lads, Fido's in the Mosh Pit! Why not though, eh?

Re: RE: Albums (CDs)

Gairdner said:
Heh, Peter, I have a huge problem imagining you listening to Metallica's Black Album. Shotty lads, Fido's in the Mosh Pit! Why not though, eh?

Its not exactly a heavy Rock Album really, its all ballads with a bit of of oomph. Fantastic Album.

Gairdner said:
Imagine the album that contains the legendary 'Stairway to Heaven' not making it? Reckoned to be the most played track on Radio around the world, it's one hell of a composition. There are a good few other fantastic songs on it besides 'Stairway'. Thin Lizzy's 'Jailbreak' rocks from start to finish and contains the hugely famous 'Boys are Back in Town' so I'm very surprised at that not making it either.

Sorry Graeme my mistake.

Led Zep IV is in there but not your Thin Lizzy selection.

Recently purchased the Led Zep Celebration Day double DVD/CD package and I have to say it is exceptional.

Pete

SAINT12661 said:
Smell The Glove said:
I'll limit myself to three.

The Smiths: This Smiths (1984 I think)

Neil Young Greatest Hits

and AC/DC Back in Black

Hi, This Smiths album doesn't feature and neither does the Neil Young choice, although I think that is because it is a Greatest Hits compilation as he does feature elsewhere.

Back in Black is in there as the first album following the death of Bon Scott and the introduction of Brian Johnson.

Also states that this is the album which broke America for them.

Cracking album. Looks like Brian Johnson might also be a DE man... ;)

[attachment=11171]

Might a Slim Twist. Looks clearer on the video - good excuse to have another look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWCINQn6k0s

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 11
Jazz:

Bill Evans - Waltz For Debby (possibly the best piano jazz trio ever)
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
John Coltrane - Sun ship

Not jazz:

Placebo's eponymous debut
Radiohead - The Bends
Bob Dylan - Nashville Skyline

and for sentimental reasons rather than quality:

Renaissance: The Mix Collection - Digweed

Back
Top Bottom