I owned a B2 Mongoose for some months, and enjoyed shaving with it. It's a large razor, and heavy, and the whole time I was using it, I was feeling like it was just too big and too heavy. The shaves were very good, all the same.

Meanwhile, I'd put myself down on the waiting list for a brand new B3 Mongoose. When my number came up a month or so ago, I responded and told the guys at Mongoose that I probably wasn't interested unless there was an aluminium option on the cards. They added me to yet another waiting list and I didn't buy a B3 Mongoose.

Since then, partly to use up my supply of blades, I've been mucking around with a Feather Artist Club. I've plunged it into my neck once, and I'm thinking perhaps it's not for me :) Will probably sell this at some point.

Yesterday, I got an email from them confirming a small number of Alumigoose razors have been produced and that they are making them available to people like me who registered an interest. I ordered immediately, and apparently the one I'm getting is a shiny black finish, with both handle and head made from aluminium.

That's going to be interesting. Wonder if it will arrive before the Blackbird.

This is interesting, had previously seen one was on the cards and thought it might be cool. In the meantime I got the B3 and have used it 3-4 times, but cannot decide if it's for me. Have now got a JH Ti handle and am waiting for it to come home so that I can try them together(It's with Dr Terror for a tailored coat):cool: Will be interested to hear your thoughts on the newly hatched Goose;)!

Hi Wintoid I think I bought your B2 and sold it on not long after, having the same size issues, I have noe come to the conclusion that bulky heads are not for me. Also I throw the blade away after one use so the SE were becoming percusive. Is the aluminium goose different in head size or shape?

I believe it's just an aluminium version of the B3 Mongoose, so the head will be exactly the same size, but a quarter of the weight. They wanted $75 for it, including handle, so it wasn't as expensive as a steel one. SE blades last much longer than DE blades I think, I wouldn't throw them after one use.

I have an aluminium Wolfman, and I don't really like the looks of the aluminium compared to steel, so it's interesting that they've gone for a shiny black coating on the alumigoose.

Your supposed to shave with it, not make music or ordnance:rolleyes::D

Edit; While writing this Wintoid posted, this was in response to Nishy's percusive statement(which I still don't get);)

Last edited:
I believe it's just an aluminium version of the B3 Mongoose, so the head will be exactly the same size, but a quarter of the weight. They wanted $75 for it, including handle, so it wasn't as expensive as a steel one. SE blades last much longer than DE blades I think, I wouldn't throw them after one use.

I have an aluminium Wolfman, and I don't really like the looks of the aluminium compared to steel, so it's interesting that they've gone for a shiny black coating on the alumigoose.
Yep that was the issue or my OCD issue to be more precise, saved me some money :)

The way to go would be a B3 with a Titanium head matched with a Jurgen Hemple TI handle, only draw back that's going to knock the cost up quite a bit. Having said that I love the way my Mongoose B3 shaves with the TI handle a very easy razor to use.

Don't you just love it when a plan you didn't know you had comes together?

I bought a JH titanium Mongoose handle just so I have one. Works great with a Weber PH but it didn't feel like home. This thread prompted an inquiry, the result of which is an AlumiGoose head coming my way.

Light weight SE shaving coming up! Chuffed or what?

Many thanks, @wintoid. The roof fund takes another hit!

Back
Top Bottom