Art of Shaving tallow soaps on clearout

Well folks, I've just used the unscented version and the results are..........................................fantastic.

I've been using MWF as I have been having sensitivity issues in soaps and creams, I think connected with scents.
I do tend to use a squeezed out, well soaked, Semogue badger with a bit of back bone. I usually load lots of product (MWF) without any lather appearing.

Only slight change was the AoS puck had not settled into the container and I had to hand hold it to lather.

All the same, it lathers the same or a bit easier than MWF.
Lather never lasted as long but maybe not as much product loaded as normal.

No smell really and felt great on my skin. Never felt I wanted to wash it off like MdeC!!!!

Glide was brilliant. A definate keeper. This one lives to shave another day.

I totally agree with Wha burst the ba's assessment. I get the same brilliant results (and I have sensitive skin too) with the entire family of Valobra soaps... NOS AoS tallow, Czech & Speake, and Valobra. For me they are the very best soaps available, beating Martin de Candre, Mitchell's Wool Fat, and anything else currently available, whether artisan or commercial.

I completely missed this thread - so if anyone has a spare puck of either I will gladly take it off your hands.

Edit - within minutes two generous contributors offered to help me - so I'm now sorted.

Mr_Smartepants said:
I've got my sandalwood unwrapped and ready to go for the morning. Just did a test lather and wow! My face is in for a treat in the morning! :D
I'm ordering more!
Thats sandlewood smells devine, absolutely love the scent. if you do order more let me please. I would like x3 sandalwood. thanks again for everything, your are true gent!

Received my soaps yesterday, but the neighbours had them as I was working until 10pm. Just been round and picked them up, the Sandalwood smells fantastic. Will be trying it out tonight. Cheers Erik

Had a shave with the Sandalwood this morning. I fully agree with Frankie's comparison of the soap with Czech and Speake. It gives that same incredibly creamy lather. <10 seconds loading gave me all I could use and more.
The scent wasn't quite as pronounced as I was expecting but a liberal post-shave application of ASB and EDT soon rectified that.
Very glad I bought this. Thanks Erik.

TonyC said:
If anyone has any spare and wishes to sell please give me a shout, sounds like a great soap for me to try lathering and getting on with soaps.

Tony.

I'll see how I get on. I have a fourth on the way but am due to give 2 away to friends. They may not want (definately don't need) or not get on with it.

You going to the meetup at the Groom Room?

Back
Top Bottom