Attar/عطار

Oh, Ooohhh! I have still not bought into Sultan Pasha's, but Ame Sombre is certainly one that caught my eye. What I have learned from what I have bought and what I have bought the more expensive of is, there is an honesty amongst producers of these fragrances. You do get better the more you pay.

An artisan blender like Sultan Pasha uses seriously good ingredients and there is absolute openness about the ingredients, synthetic where they are used. Inspired. Enabled? I think I'll buy in ...

Meanwhile, I got a bunch of Nemat Shahi today but the fellow didn't read my order right and so a couple are not what I ordered. I hope they'll sort it out. Darbar and Shamama are superb! Darbar is lighter, crisper and more floral than the other Darbar I have. Love it! Sadly, the two wrong vials should have been Majmua variants. Here hoping things sort out as I'd really like the two I didn't get.

I got a selection of 8 tiny samples of other Sultan Pasha attars along with my order and placed a drop of 'Incense Royale' on the back of my hand 9 hours ago. It is still there, and utterly delicious. This is 'just' a pure incense but the power and long life are quite marvellous. I lifted that drop from the sample vial by dipping the tip of a needle. I can't imagine a smaller trace, but it's all fully present. My Nemat Shahi order is still en route (in Heathrow ATM) and I'm looking forward to trying them. Who made the other Darbar you have, Paul?

Got my Nemat order in this morning. I got Darbar, al Kausar, Shamama, Oudy Majmua and Oud from the Shahi range.

You were right Paul, the Darbar is great. Enormously complex and great fun. Of the others, the al Kausar will go to BST and the Shamama might too, depending on how it matures. They are too animalic for me. I'm going to try to sell on a few soon which also fall into this category. Musk fans should watch BST!

Today's 'Ame Sombre' continues to delight. It has gone through several transformation while remaining true to its incense roots. I think this is one of those rare scents for which I might be willing to buy grade 1 and pay full price!

I think they got muddled up and sent out your order twice - to two Pauls in England who ordered about the same time. I got what you ordered. They're going to send me the two that were not correct in my order. So, I've got Kauser & Oud going spare ...

How about that? I always (ALWAYS) say Britain, but the one time I write England ... it's wrong :D

Oudy Majmoua. Hmmm ... it's Majmoua and oudh. Not a combination that improves either, to my nose. It's okay, but that freshness of Majmoua is hard to beat. I was curious about how a musk or oudh might work with it and just layering doesn't always give the same effect. Pleasant enough, though. Perhaps a drop of straight up Majmoua on top ... yes, that's better.

@globalm

I think they got muddled up and sent out your order twice - to two Pauls in England who ordered about the same time. I got what you ordered. They're going to send me the two that were not correct in my order. So, I've got Kauser & Oud going spare ...

Haha! Yes, this is exactly what happened.

I have just had a note from them quoting the note you made in your order and the date you made it (1st Dec). I made mine on 29th Nov. Hopefully, they can now see what is going on. But yes, they sent out the same order (your order) twice.

@globalm

Haha! Yes, this is exactly what happened.

I have just had a note from them quoting the note you made in your order and the date you made it (1st Dec). I made mine on 29th Nov. Hopefully, they can now see what is going on. But yes, they sent out the same order (your order) twice.
Typical. Pity I didn't get yours - we could just have swapped.

Tried the Darbar today. Lovely stuff! The first hour is a rapid journey of scents. Cough elixir, sticky toffee pudding, lemons. After an hour or so, to my nose, it settled into - Obsession. No bad thing in my book. Long legs - still noticeable, albeit faintly, now at 10.00pm after application about 8.00am. Pretty good going.

Had a bit of a break through last night. I added around 5 drops of black afgano to some Benjamin's bayrum and used it as a body splash. After the initial 10 mins of cat's piss the sandalwood and oakmoss alongside the bay smelt exquisite. A very nice mix.

Majmua No.1 (Shahi) & Musky Majmua (Shahi) turned up today, correcting the mistake above. Great seller! If you want some Indian attars, I think they are the people to go to: http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/beauty*herbs
+1

Great supplier and very quick considering the distance involved. HMRC have shown no interest either - result all round.

I made the mistake of not specifying roller applicators on a bunch I received lately, so I bought a few from Ebay and put them on the bottles yesterday evening during a quiet moment. I was due to jump in the shower anyway, so making sure the rollers were working was easy enough.

I spent the next hour in a fog of sandalwood, black oudh, jasmine and rooh-al-misk ........ ye gods, these are weapons grade scents.

I was only sitting at my desk for an hour before hitting the shower, but having those scents washing over and overlapping eachother was like kittens climbing over eachother in a box and trying to be the first to get over the top and escape.

The musk and jasmine are still lingering now on the back of my wrist.......

Back
Top Bottom