Attar/عطار

I looked on them as fun frags ... quick spray, flippantly used. Enjoyed. I bought that lot as a tentative step into attars and while the first wave were still arriving, I switched to the oils. If you like the scents, the oils are ... well, more so.

@Wishbone has a great description there. These scents are playful and they don't stand still.

I have about 90 of these now. I know ... I know ...

In boxes of roughly 15 and themed as: Black Musks, Woods (Oudh, Vetiver & Patchouli), Ambers, Flowers (Jasmine, Rose, Lily & so on), Indian (Majmua, Darbar & the like) & Inspired By (Amouage, Chopard, Montale sort of thing).

My favourites remain Majmua & Darbar, both so complex and so absolutely different from anything western. I love all the black musks and find real differences between them. Other favourites are: Musk Himalaya, K2, Red African, Night Queen, African Black Gold & Somalian Rose. Surrati's Firdous, too; Haramain's Naeem.

Pow! Just fragged up with African Black Gold, a really deep cough elixir amber with smoked woods, with plain Lily Flower. Give it an hour and I'll round it off with a black musk. Love 'em.

Seriously good fun. I use my regular frags still daily and a dot of something exotic on my wrists, just for me :D

I hope folks are still enjoying their oils. I've had to put some constraints around mine and decided that 90 (6 cases of 15) is enough! :D

I've got rid of a good number and really consolidated what I have into what I think is a seriously good collection, now well organised. I really like these scents and love how they evolve and intermingle with the next one and the next.

Today, I got a HUGE bottle of Majmua, which is one of my favourites.

w1uupy.jpg

If anyone spots a similar sized bottle of Darbar, please let me know.

I can play with the Majmua and Darbar all day long ........ One lively and sharp, the other laid back and relaxed.

Assuming you got that bottle from PPG's Amazon outlet, Paul .... would there be any mileage in contacting them and asking if they'd supply a 12ml bottle of Darbar?

Just wanted to give my thanks guys for introducing me to Majmua......I found a bottle today and when I smelt it it took me back to when I was three years old and smelling my late grandfather (RA) one last time. I've been searching for his scent for years and today I found it so a heartfelt thank you. I've been collecting uber rare perfumes for eons hahah....and lo behold the humble Majmua was staring me at my face for years but I never picked it up to smell it.......a big lesson in my life....to be more humble

I hope folks are still enjoying their oils. I've had to put some constraints around mine and decided that 90 (6 cases of 15) is enough! :D

I've got rid of a good number and really consolidated what I have into what I think is a seriously good collection, now well organised. I really like these scents and love how they evolve and intermingle with the next one and the next.

Today, I got a HUGE bottle of Majmua, which is one of my favourites.

w1uupy.jpg

If anyone spots a similar sized bottle of Darbar, please let me know.

That bottle should last a fair while! I have hardly dented my 3ml bottle which I've had a number of weeks. All I need is one dot of oil shared over the usual application points and the sillage is immense. :p

Chris.

I get the ultimate incense blast from Sultan Pasha 'Pure Incense'. It's ruddy expensive but he sometimes puts it on the bay on auctions so you have a chance at getting some at a decent price. 'Ame Sombre' is also right up there but a bit more of a blend. His own description is

Ward taifi, frankincense, saffron

Middle
Amber, incense, ward taifi, Jasmine

Base
tobacco, patchouli, benzoin, vetiver, juniper, hyrax, black ambergris, cedar wood

Back
Top Bottom