August 2017 Acquisitions

Not. Cheap. But. Sweet. You realize the corners Merkur cut in designing the Progress as soon as you handle the Mikron. 95g.
6824013ae68e8b67207c8663121cee70.jpg

ee269fdd9b27e78f8bd6a75b7c81f06c.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I think it's way past time for a Little Wren group buy, this lady produces some fine pottery. If there is any interest I may contact her and test the water. I'm sure she'd welcome it.
Unfortunately, I had to withdraw from the current group buy offering of the Bideford Pottery Bowls. As the shaving bowl I acquired from Victoria at Little Wren has literally changed everything to do with bowl lathering in my honest opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hiya,

Couple recently acquired garage sale straights which included a George Korn in tortoise shell scales and MOP tang and another one in the picture made by Joseph Brammen. That thing's pretty heavy with what I believe to be ivory scales and from the little info I can find it's real old for sure. Edge is fine and the blade just needs some cleaning up....no pitting. Heh, only problem is I will probably never use either razor.

Then I found a small treasure at the local antique store today. Usually not much luck finding DE related things (plenty of great looking knives though) at this large place, but on a shelf was a probably near mint cased Slim. Turned the case over to see the price on bottom and it was $5!! Been a looooong time since I found a deal like that inna store.

Not a bad weekend scrounging around,

Martin

Attachments

• IMAG0142.jpg
    IMAG0142.jpg
    715.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMAG0140.jpg
    IMAG0140.jpg
    791.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom