Balm or aftershave?

I love a nice aftershave but very often find myself slapping on some balm 10 mins later as it sometimes leaves my skin a bit dry. So both, I suppose [emoji4]

Most of my balms have little scent and the scent doesn't last very long.

Myself I use both, applied wearing the said pink fluffy slippers, but no lipstick.

I only have one balm (blue beards revenge) and it has a lovely smell.

Is there a benefit to using both and do you use EDT as well?

I only use a Balm when I get a touch of razor burn, so once every couple of months. Daily is usually aftershave followed by an EdT. Unless I use Pinaud Clubman. That stuff's an aftershave, tonic, and cologne all wrapped up in one bottle.

I have found some aftershaves to be oil heavy wheter that be EO, fragrance oils or just nourishing oils. For example TOBS Jermyn Street alcohol free a/s is very oil heavy, so no balm after.

I have only used balm, usually followed by EdT. Never used aftershave. I've heard it is very drying, any suggestions of one's to try welcome.

Recently have found nearly all of my shaves to be relatively irritation free. So have been just using Alum Rub/Rinse, followed by After Shave.
Balms seem to be redundant, a shame as brought them to use. Luckily, no high end ones.

Back
Top Bottom