Birth Year Razors - sought & available

Robert Otten said:
press said:
I'm still after z3 1954 Flaretip more chance if i hitch a ride with Dr Who in his Tardis.

Hello Mr. Press:

Dr. Who's Tardis is stored in my machine shed. Got me to thinking - it's been along time since I've been in it. Sure enough, stashed under the seat, I found an old shave kit. When I opened it up to investigate, I found a regular Z3 Flare Tip. Normally I use these for fishing sinkers as I will be doing just that tomorrow morning. Please see my post to SunnyBoy (spelling?) and you'll get my plan of intended movement. Give me a shout out if you're still on the planet. Thank God I checked the Tardis - I was running low on sinkers and as a full moon means a stronger current with a greater risk of a snag, I could lose the damn thing quickly. I feel comforted now knowing I have two flare tips to carry me through the day. Tackle is most important doncha know. Especially out here in the Pacific Northwest.

Regards, Robert
Thanks for the reply Robert its been that long i had forgotten all about it.Its a z4 not z3 which i'm after ive edited my mistake on the original post.Sorry about the mix up

press said:
Robert Otten said:
press said:
I'm still after z3 1954 Flaretip more chance if i hitch a ride with Dr Who in his Tardis.

Hello Mr. Press:

Dr. Who's Tardis is stored in my machine shed. Got me to thinking - it's been along time since I've been in it. Sure enough, stashed under the seat, I found an old shave kit. When I opened it up to investigate, I found a regular Z3 Flare Tip. Normally I use these for fishing sinkers as I will be doing just that tomorrow morning. Please see my post to SunnyBoy (spelling?) and you'll get my plan of intended movement. Give me a shout out if you're still on the planet. Thank God I checked the Tardis - I was running low on sinkers and as a full moon means a stronger current with a greater risk of a snag, I could lose the damn thing quickly. I feel comforted now knowing I have two flare tips to carry me through the day. Tackle is most important doncha know. Especially out here in the Pacific Northwest.

Regards, Robert
Thanks for the reply Robert its been that long i had forgotten all about it.Its a z4 not z3 which i'm after ive edited my mistake on the original post.Sorry about the mix up

No problem friend - I'll toss it back into the tackle box. I wonder how many others have not updated their requests or even went back to read what has been posted as a find? Thanks for getting back to me.

Second thought I think I'll give it away as a 2012 Christmas present here at TSR. It's at least worth a tenner. More if you were to replate with nickel. A real nice piece with excellent knurling and beautiful head; just a bit going on underneath. But hell it's good enough to put on display.

Z4 huh?

R/Robert

Guys, rather than look through 15 pages of individual request i think it'll make our lives much easier if we make use of a free online spreadsheet that we can all edit. If we all input our request (or list availability) then amend/delete when completed.

Here's a sheet I started:
http://www.editgrid.com/user/ukrazor/BirthYearRazor

For your security, do your own due diligence when contacted about an item you requested. Ask the usual questions, seek pictures to verify item (i.e. ask them to hand write a note with forum ID etc) and check history in this community.
If something seems to good to be true, walk away!! There is always another razor available out there.

UKMerk, that's a great idea! Although I have decided not to pursue my birth year razor after all. However, I do have a 1964 J1 coded Slim Adjustable with excellent nickel plating. Not mint perhaps however when I bought it I expected to get it re-plated but after a good clean and polish there's just no way it needs it and would be a complete waste of money having it done. The numbers have no blacking but are clearly visible and could be re-enamelled very easily. Up to you and no worries if you don't want it as I haven't yet got round to advertising it. It was going to be a keeper but funds are on the tight side.

Great idea UKMerk makes it much easier!, I've added what I'm looking for.

One humble suggestion though, would it be worth adding if you want to buy or if you have available? more chance of a pair up then?

Just listed two Gillette Adjustables: a H1 and I3 - I would like to exchange one for my birth razor, a J2.

Bought these two of Ebay where described as J2's. Will cost too much to return.

Lesson learnt.

Back
Top Bottom