Birth Year Razors - sought & available

Have I missed something like a sticky or a is there a database somewhere that you can look at to find out a birthyear razor? Mine Jan '76

(obviously theres the net but any good place to start?)

Hodda said:
Have I missed something like a sticky or a is there a database somewhere that you can look at to find out a birthyear razor? Mine Jan '76

(obviously theres the net but any good place to start?)

Erm, I think Mr Razor is a good place to start, found here, look through each one/what you fancy to see if it was produced in that year.

If I'm wrong, other, more experienced members, feel free to correct me.

Alex

Yeah, another one with a birthday coming up. I'm after either a black handled super speed, or super adjustable from 1975.
I've seen a few on US eBay with obviously high postage, and I'd rather have the UK version.
I keep scouring the auction sites, but if someone has one they are looking to move on them please let me know

Leslie145 said:
I hit 50 this year... dammit!

1963 Gillette slim adjustable I3...??

I've hinted at this to my wife & even though I did so by e-mail, I could hear the roll of the eyes...

Have a look on the previous page here.
There is someone with an I3 slim

Being an old git (as well as a grumpy old man), I'd love to find something from the 1st Quarter of 1956! There are a couple of old Gillettes on the US eBay site but I've not found anything here ..... Yet!!! David

I've been thinking of getting a last quarter Slim adj from 1963 ... I hope Martini doesn't read this, or I'm in BIG trouble :s

I should not have found this thread :D

I'm from May 1968 ... I'll think whether I really want to spend on an adjustable or a Tech from the Q2 1968 now, or that I first want to keep learning with the razor I have now (a HD Rocket).

It would make a nice birthday present for myself :D

Mikael said:
I've been thinking of getting a last quarter Slim adj from 1963 ... I hope Martini doesn't read this, or I'm in BIG trouble :s

Mikey, You better believe I already had that info memorized and have been looking for one of those things. Nuttin so far, sad to say. Heh, I was just starting high school (grades 9-12) in 1963.

Good old Slimbo is an E4 (1959) and Johnus is third quarter 1937 (H3) I think.

You're adding years to an already aging shaver! My birth years doesn't have a code! But I did just picked up what might be a very nice 1915 (C) '04. Should be in this week at a very reasonable price. Some time you luck out.

dodgy said:
Mikael said:

Mikey, You better believe I already had that info memorized and have been looking for one of those things. Nuttin so far, sad to say. Heh, I was just starting high school (grades 9-12) in 1963.

Good old Slimbo is an E4 (1959) and Johnus is third quarter 1937 (H3) I think.

I had a feeling you had that covered, I also think I saw a spitting image of you sneaking around the bushes, outside our house, a couple dags ago. Strangely he had teeth from OC razors around his neck, on a string, with a strange glimmer in one of his eyes... When I opened the front door, he screamed "Gillette" and disapeared. Strange, indeed!

Back
Top Bottom