bloody weather

wspiral said:
Had reports of bad snow in Merseyside, and bad snow in Wales, but here in this part of The Wirral we've only had a scattering (although it's as mightily cold here as elsewhere). We seem to have got off really lightly so far.

Was at the in-laws yesterday in St. Helens. 5-7 inches lying in the undisturbed places.

Only about 2 inches at home.

-11C this morning

Ian

I decided to reduce the tyre pressures on the family car by 30% after a couple of emergency calls. Heavy foot syndrome and absolutely no bleeping idea. :roll:

Was -13C here this morning. Shower pipe (which is in the garage for some reason) froze up solid. Feck it's cold. This is south Cheshire, we seem to be getting it light compared to other areas.

Supply or standby whatever one it is just like to say thanks to all of you that work on the boats,we can sleep soundly in our bunks offshore knowing you guys are first on the scene if something should happen.
Cheers

scottymac said:
Supply or standby whatever one it is just like to say thanks to all of you that work on the boats,we can sleep soundly in our bunks offshore knowing you guys are first on the scene if something should happen.
Cheers

Cheers Scotty, I'm on a supply boat, a bit more variety. I think it takes a certain mindset to stay on a standby boat for 4 weeks.
IanM said:
Smell The Glove said:
Bouncing about the north sea in 40 knot winds and 4 metre waves.

Probably be doing the same tomorrow.

I feel sea sick just reading that.

Ian

Trying to look at a computer screen at sea makes me seasick. Same as trying to read a book in a moving vehicle.

Certainly takes a certain mindset to stay out there for 4 weeks,i have done a lot of work this year on well intervention vessels and the last trip was pretty hairy 14m seas 70 knot winds thats the first time i have been sea sick was in my bed for 2-3 days nae fine.
When you due home mate i'm off till January the 6th on a Norwegian contract 2on 3 off

scottymac said:
Certainly takes a certain mindset to stay out there for 4 weeks,i have done a lot of work this year on well intervention vessels and the last trip was pretty hairy 14m seas 70 knot winds thats the first time i have been sea sick was in my bed for 2-3 days nae fine.
When you due home mate i'm off till January the 6th on a Norwegian contract 2on 3 off

Seasickness feels like the most evil of all illnesses when your suffering. I'm regretting that cream doughnut I had before!

2 weeks on 3 off is a great rota, we do 4 on, 4 off. And there are guys who get 2 on, 4 off!

I'm home on Jan 11th. I'll be in the mood for Christmas then. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom