C&S Vetiver Vert

God, I'm enjoying Vetiver Vert today.

First use after a kind chap here dropped a sample vial in with a razor purchase.

Wow! I am so enjoying it ... best of all, the Mrs likes it, too. I've been getting that addictive "green" scent all day, the thing I love most about Trumper's Eucris. I keep getting hints of something and this evening, it twigged. Bay.

So much in love, I've ordered a sample pack from them.

Being a Eucris lover, Vinny put me onto No.88 but the price made my balls shrink. Hopefully the sample pack will seal the deal - I've spent more on car wax. No, really!

pjgh said:
God, I'm enjoying Vetiver Vert today.

First use after a kind chap here dropped a sample vial in with a razor purchase.

Wow! I am so enjoying it ... best of all, the Mrs likes it, too. I've been getting that addictive "green" scent all day, the thing I love most about Trumper's Eucris. I keep getting hints of something and this evening, it twigged. Bay.

So much in love, I've ordered a sample pack from them.

Being a Eucris lover, Vinny put me onto No.88 but the price made my balls shrink. Hopefully the sample pack will seal the deal - I've spent more on car wax. No, really!

Hey, I would never recommend #88 for someone who likes Eucris.

I remember saying something about #88 being a bit 'goth' but I'd never consider Eucris to be.

Are you sure it wasn't a different Vinny?

I working my way thru the sample pack, love the No88. Some I found to be duffers, the mimosa was a bit eugh for me, the rose ones went straight to the misses who liked em. I did like he citrus paradisi though.. Will pick the vetiver next now

I have worked my way through the sample pack. Oxford and Cambridge won the race for me and I picked up a full size bottle. The next best for me were the Vetiver Vert, No.88 and Dark Rose. Frankincense and Neroli came next. I'm afraid I picked up the 'note that shall not be mentioned' in Cuba.
I very nearly picked up a bottle of the Vetiver but was worried that it was a bit too strong. It was almost distracting getting a constant whiff of it even after a days work. If it was half the price I'd be all over it.

isaiah53 said:
i got the sample pack a while back and thought cuba was wonderful, a very classy scent. i didnt think it smelt of dog shit at all.

I got that smell for the first hour or so but after that it turned into a pleasant fragrance but I couldn't spend £80 and put up with that first hour. My favourites out of the sample pack were O&C and #88, both of which I now have on the shelf, the O&C ultimately being my favourite of the two.

pjgh said:
I'm hoping the Cuba is all I want it to be ... spice, bay and 'baccy.

If you haven't huffed 'Havana' EdT by Aramis, you will need to. Great bang for the buck product by a well respected company. I have sniffed both the vintage version and current one and happily the modern version is pretty much the same. Nice!

Here you go. Look at the positive/negative ratio.......pretty impressive and tobacco spicy! The opening notes are crazy fun.
http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120754.html

Great selection pack - the only duffer for me was the mimosa, it was a bit too feminine. The rose scents i really liked and even wore them to work. My favourite was the vert but SHMBO "couldn't breathe" because of it. Shame, i'll have to wear it when we argue........

Well, I've had a lot of fun with this sample pack.

I wasn't much impressed with F&M nor Neroli, Mimosa is not one I'm going to use, O&C was a bit "meh!" but one from the girly scents I did like was the Rose and very much the Dark Rose. I'm after a rose soap now - T&H okay?

No.88 was fun, but not all I thought it would be, Cuba was sensational and very much enjoyed ... oddly, even for "that scent" which is not dissimilar to the farmyard scent you sometimes get off a good vintage wine. Dark Rose, very nice. Vetiver Vert continued to be a big hit with me, and the Mrs, but one we both really liked was Paradisi. She loves grapefruit, I'm okay with it; I love mosses. Paradisi gives you that up top hit of grapefruit and settles down to a woody, mossy note for the day.

They're expensive, but I think if I found Cuba, Paradisi, Vetiver Vert and Dark Rose for the right price, I'd be very happy with them in my collection.

Back
Top Bottom