Cheap smellies........

And I mean CHEAP !

Old Spice A/S 100ml in Lloyds Pharmacy. £4 49 reduced from about £9

It really isn't bad is it? It'll take its place on my humble shelf of modest fragrances. The last time I saw/smelt it was when my father was using it (and that wasn't especially recently). I find it bit of a change from some of the, apparently fashionable, stuff I sniffed on the shop shelves today.

The Yardley Citrus Wood arrived today. Super stuff - and the Mrs. has her eyes on it too. Just over £13 for 50ml delivered from Amazon.

The Pinaud Clubman Cologne Special Reserve 175 ml for a shade over a tenner is on its way from Amazon.

And the Lanman and Murray Florida on Ebay is very much to my liking. £13 gets you a bowser full of the stuff and I absolutely love it. Doesn't last for ever on your skin but I still rate it.

You can see I'm nowt but an extravagant connoisseur can't you?

Cheap doesn't mean bad, DS. I don't mind the modern Old Spice but it can't hold a candle to the vintage Shulton stuff. I'm with you on the Yardley Citus and wood - lovely stuff. Never tried yon Clubman Special Reserve but I do like plain old Clubman and the Florida Water with its spicy orange note. Another one I'd give my vote to is Blue Stratos. Good aftershave that has decent longevity scent-wise. The EdT ain't half bad either and you can pick up both for around a fiver each delivered on the 'bay. British made too.

Keep em coming, I'm making notes. Some of the above I have...many I don't.

But I smell a rat ... Eau de Ratte from the much respected fragrance purveyor 'House of Rentokille'

Blue Stratos will be on its way. I have Savers and Superdrug in a nearby town so there's another couple to seek out.

However, just to prove I'm not a total cheapshate those nice people at allbeauty.com have kindly consented to send me some Thierry Mugler A*Men and some Issey Miyake L'Eau D'issey Pour Homme in return for my helping them out with some dosh.

I have to buy a bigger cabinet next time I go to Ikea too. And a new office chair due to the back ache incurred on the current one because of the ridiculous amount of time spent studying form here.

EDIT...I have taken the advice here, and mentioned previously, to keep away from the Pash.

I did, RT...and my finger hovered over the button. Then I saw here that the panel thougt it could be a mistake and at that point I went for the Pinaud instead. But, it's not gonna break the bank so let's go and have another look . Does Amazon have test smell facility?

Boot Freshwood is great AS for the money but honestly, Pashana smells like an old folks' home where incontinence is rife. Absolutely terrible stuff which after applying, I had to shower immediately!

I seriously need this Pash stuff! I have a secret desire....bordering on the fetish......to smell like a grannys gusset.

OK, maybe I jest just a little, but it divides opinions like no other I really must try some.

I was lingering round the smellies cabinet today (as you do) trying not to look too suspicious, and engaged the attention of a sympathetic looking sales lady and sought her opinion. One of the things she enthused about was 'Paco Rabanne 1 Million'. She said her husband used it at their wedding - it was that good, she bought the ladies version herself, she loved the stuff, she kept going back to it as we spoke, I could sense the excitement building in her loins as she spoke of it, her excitement levels were becoming intense and I feared she was about to lose all sense of control and molest me then and there...in Lloyds Pharmacy! But, try as I hard as I could to resist, I allowed this woman to...................spray some on my wrist. And I really, really didn't like it. So there we had two diametrically opposed opinions...much like the Pash.

So maybe I should get it and immediately sell it. A bit like the Standard razor!

Back
Top Bottom