Chinese DE Blade PIF ###COMPLETED###

RE: Chinese DE Blade PIF

Put the Flying Eagle blade into a DLC Weber this morning. Absolute bliss of a BBS shave without effort. These blades - or this blade, anyway - edge Swordfish imo. But you don't have to choose between them except on a daily basis - both superb.

Re: Chinese DE Blade PIF

I have two left to try. All have been very good. The Gillette Super Blue have been superb though. In my top ten now. The rest of these blades I would also be happy to stock up on if I were short of blades.

just had my second shave with the super blue and i really like it, ill have a 3rd then move on to the swordfish. ill definintely order one or two of these in bulk if the others are the equal or better of the super blue.

monkeytennis said:
Who's next on the first stream? Will get it in post wed if you pm me your address!

I was next to post after you, so I guess me? I've been waiting patiently reading how you've all been getting on - my appetite is well and truly whetted!

Did a comparison test shave with a Super Swede this morning. If I can manage to discount the recent purchase of a large number of the Swedes, I'd say Flying Eagle is the best, then Swordfish and then Swedes - but I suspect that mood, prep and all the other factors influencing the quality of a shave could change that order. Also, I've only shaved twice with each of the two Chinese blades. These three are my front-runners by a goodly distance but are very close together.

I'm waiting for more reports from other testers, see what they think. For sure, I'll be ordering more Chinese blades. Will I be offering for sale some Swedish SuperSteels? Would make sense!

I might be able to help you with those Swedish Super Steels, selfless man that I am!
I like all the Chinese blades you were kind enough to send me and will get more of them. The Super Blue just edges them for me.

NotTheStig said:
I might be able to help you with those Swedish Super Steels, selfless man that I am!

I shall bear in mind your act of selflessness, Carl, and reflect on it frequently - until I have a bunch of Chinese blades in my drawer, when I shall act on it!

For no logical reason, I'm going to use notice of availability of a Weber head as a trigger to place an order with MisterTao.

I've thought about a group buy of Chinese blades. There's an advantage in negotiating a price for blades and postage but an increased possibility of attracting Custom's attention. Mainly though, I reckon lots of small orders will produce more blades in UK than one big order that may 'get lost in the warehouse'. Any other thoughts - maybe after all the volunteers have tried the blades?

Tackleberry said:
it would be worth maybe finding out who you got the flying eagles from and seeing if they can be ordered direct, save a little time and money?

Can you see and understand the contact details on the wrapper? They are pretty damn cheap for such an excellent blade already, mind!

They are made by the Shanghai Razor Blade Co, but yours probably came from a supplier, it will say on your MisterTao transaction which Taobao shop they came from. I've tried searching Taobao but didn't get anywhere with flying eagle, just loads of rollerskates!. It's hard to navigate Chinese websites even when translated.

My blades arrived from AW and are now on their way to tackleberry.

There is one more set left after tackleberry unless someone has already contacted him.

Thanks to Carl for being so generous.

Now which one to use first :)

That's right! Near as I can count, tackleberry should receive two sets of the seven blades.

No-one else has posted asking so my guess is that one more person can join in - unless you know differently, tackleberry?

If someone does put in a big order I don't mind paying a bit extra to the organiser for arranging it. I'm surreptitiously not nominating myself to do it because of other things going on at the moment; I don't want to forget and let anyone down. I would get a payment out fast though.

Back
Top Bottom