Chinese DE Blade PIF ###COMPLETED###

RE: Chinese DE Blade PIF

Bechet45 said:
That's right! Near as I can count, tackleberry should receive two sets of the seven blades.

No-one else has posted asking so my guess is that one more person can join in - unless you know differently, tackleberry?

I'd like to request the last batch of samples, if available. Really want to try out these blades, and then stock up if any are as good as the gillette super thin.

Thanks

I have just used my first blade, a Flying Eagle in the Weber DLC. I second Bechet45 thoughts, an awesome blade, very smooth, close and comfortable shave without any effort what so ever!

I'd be interested in buying in bulk if we can?

Re: Chinese DE Blade PIF

Tried the diamond ying jili yesterday and swordfish today.

Swordfish seems to be a bit better imo.

They seem to be comparable to the main brands but wonder how many shaves can be achieved. I can get 3 out of a feather.

Flying eagle is tomorrow.

Finished testing Chinese blades this morning - both the remaining ones!

The Ming Shi MP-035 green packet was a draggy disaster on the first WTG pass on the right side of my face but the other side of the blade on the other side of my face wasn't quite as bad. I looked to see if the blade was actually straight but unevenly placed in the razor - I think it was a little but didn't hang about. New blade!

Rest of the shave was with a Ying JiLi orange stripe - it was OK and acceptable but nothing marvellous, not quite BBS but passed the sting a/s test easily.

So that is me and Chinese blade decision made - I shall be stocking up on Flying Eagle and Swordfish, 200 - 300 each. What fantastic finds especially when expectations were so low!

I received the blades this morning so will start testing tonight. Looking forward to it!

So what was the cost per blade Bechet? Did you have to pay anything once they got to the UK?

Tackleberry said:
So what was the cost per blade Bechet? Did you have to pay anything once they got to the UK?

Cannot remember but not a lot - about 50c for most of them and about 80c for the Gillette Super Blue. I've since found them for less on MissterTao. I only brought in seventy blades so postage was a disproportionate part of the total cost.

Customs UK were not interested - which is not to say they won't be on larger quantities. Being VATed is a risk you take! but as you'll discover, the shave is worth it!

I have been using the Flying Eagle blade, it gives me suprisly good shaves, i have been using that one for four shaves already and I honestely don't understand the negative feedback on they B&B community on Chinese blades.

Ming Shi MP036 is also not bad at all, in overall I'm quite surprised about the Flying Eagle because the feedback i could find wasnt so positive. I still have to try the others, I don't run so fast trough my blades even though i have plenty.

The Gillette Super Blue's are the first Chinese blades I ever used and those I like to but they are pricey, I bought them in the Chinese super market and it costs me 7,6 or 7,9 yuan which is about € 1 for 5 blades, not a very high price, but you won't find any bulk in a supermarket.

Back
Top Bottom