Chinese futur clone

ordered two 'Futur' from QShave through AliExpress directly.

Did the same here, as the quality (razor and shaving) was surprisingly good.

Another reason why I ordered a 2nd Qshave straight away, was that I read somewhere that Qshave is currently selling at cost price, so price might rise up someday. Even if at £30 it would still be a steal...

For the record, my 1rst Qshave was from Lucy Dong (cheapest price on Ali, I discovered a minor scruff later, but it's barely visible and don't affect the shave); the 2nd one is on its way from the Qshave shop on Ali.

Did the same here, as the quality (razor and shaving) was surprisingly good.

Another reason why I ordered a 2nd Qshave straight away, was that I read somewhere that Qshave is currently selling at cost price, so price might rise up someday. Even if at £30 it would still be a steal...

For the record, my 1rst Qshave was from Lucy Dong (cheapest price on Ali, I discovered a minor scruff later, but it's barely visible and don't affect the shave); the 2nd one is on its way from the Qshave shop on Ali.
Precisely - I asked them about this and they said the profit threshold was somewhere around $6.68 if memory serves correctly. Both QShave directly from QShave, for me at least, have been nigh on flawless.

I'd estimate the price to reach a similar level to the black Futur copy which has circulated previously, around £15.

Precisely - I asked them about this and they said the profit threshold was somewhere around $6.68 if memory serves correctly. Both QShave directly from QShave, for me at least, have been nigh on flawless.

I'd estimate the price to reach a similar level to the black Futur copy which has circulated previously, around £15.

OK, I must have read your post then. Very instructive, thank you.
I tend to think that the right move is to buy a Qshave and a backup while it's still dirt cheap.

**********************​

Regarding the scruff I found on my Qshave, I noticed it in photos in the first place (on the right side of the comb):

futur011.jpg

In some respects I feel sorry about starting this thread- some of you have been very disappointed. To you I apologise.

But to the rest- if you got a Futur clone, it's not bad is it? Buyer beware is so true- these days especially!
It's ok Tony, with out this thread I would never got my hands on what I think is the crudest made TTO I ever came across, the Weishi is a masterpiece in comparison [emoji6]

I am going to try and shave with it , with the blade supplied naturally [emoji44] [emoji33]

It's ok Tony, with out this thread I would never got my hands on what I think is the crudest made TTO I ever came across, the Weishi is a masterpiece in comparison [emoji6]

I am going to try and shave with it , with the blade supplied naturally [emoji44] [emoji33]
It was good knowing you, sir.

Lest we forget.

I'm going to need popcorn for this one!
Okidoki, this morning following a regular prep of Denim cream lathered up by the Omega 49 i gave this crappy TTO a chance.

Like said it's constructed only slightly better than a Yuma razor, very thin tinny assambley and generally inspired by the Rocket like the Weishi.

Loaded supplied blade and went on the first stroke north to south and then.. stopped in my tracks.

Pulling is an understatement here, quickly got rid of the blade and loaded a Gillette Rubie . From here onward the razor gave a tamed smooth shave, a bit like how the Rubie function in my Slim Twist.

Two pass and is was a good shave, a splash of Spiek and we we were out.

Promised a refund by the seller with the usual 'dear' and ' I beg you' shizer but still waiting for my £3.

Some new feedback about the Qshave: 3rd shave today, it seems that the 2 setting is really close to my 1.75 Progress' setting. So close in fact that ultimately, I would assert that the Qshave is pretty much some kind of poor man's Progress in terms of shaving. If you don't have 50 quids to buy a Progress, the Qshave is a rather good substitute.
I've been using mine on about setting 4 which is entirely optimal for me. Lovely blade feel, exceptionally close shave and easy to get a feel for what you're doing. Can't quite get my head around having two for £10.38...

For those who already have the Qshave:
Do you feel that you need to change the settings according to the blade?
My very first shave was at 2.5 with a used Triton blade, no blood spots at all, whereas the following ones were done with a brand new Rapira super stainless at 2-2.25 leaving me with a few blood spots.
To you, what are the reason of the blood spots, settings or blade?

@Cristobal - I've only tried with a wilkinson sword blade and a rapira stainless though I'll try with something else next time (maybe even the qshave blades...). I've found it hasn't made a huge amount of difference for me at higher settings, but the quality of the edge may make a difference at lower settings as cutting efficiency would probably have more of an effect at say 2-2.5. I'll report back when I've tried another blade/try at lower settings.

@Cristobal - I've only tried with a wilkinson sword blade and a rapira stainless though I'll try with something else next time (maybe even the qshave blades...). I've found it hasn't made a huge amount of difference for me at higher settings, but the quality of the edge may make a difference at lower settings as cutting efficiency would probably have more of an effect at say 2-2.5. I'll report back when I've tried another blade/try at lower settings.

I got "Appache" blades with my clone, it's stated on the packaging that it's made by Persona; or are you talking about the "titanium" blades?

Back
Top Bottom