Chip in to buy some Schick Twin Injector Blades

But I just bought a Golden 500 because it's later than an H and you said anything after an H is good!! Now J3s and 4s are not! Maybe I'll paint a notice on the bathroom wall - as soon as I understand which blades I can put in which razor, anyway! Failing that, I'm going back to DEs, where life is less complicated.

Have we established if these twins will go into the Kickstarter injector?
Congratulations on buying a Golden 500. It has a lever underneath that slightly opens the head for easier cleaning. That's how you know it is not suitable for twin blades. Easy. The Golden 500 is my favourite Schick and paired with NOS Personna 74 Tungsten blades it is bliss. Unfortunately those blades cost more that multiblade cartridges... ( Note to self: Get a mortgage and buy a lifetime supply of them.)

Andreas

Last edited:
See - you guys are ganging up on me! Try injectors - they're cheap enough! But this one's better. And these blades are better but don't fit that razor only this one - what you actually need are these - very expensive ones. Oh! and in a different razor. Is this the thread where I asked which is the best injector razor? Fool!!

$150 for what was a free razor and seven of your blades!! Holy moly!!

Last edited:
See - you guys are ganging up on me! Try injectors - they're cheap enough1 But this ones better. And these blades are better but don't fit that razor only this one - what you actually need are these - very expensive ones. Oh! and in a different razor. Is this the thread where I asked which is the best injector razor? Fool!!

$150 for what was a free razor and seven of your blades!! Holy moly!!

[I pressed "Like"]

Have we established if these twins will go into the Kickstarter injector?[/QUOTE]

I have just sent Patrick a message on Kickstarter asking him to confirm if it will take the Twinblades.

Reply from Patrick about the Kickstarter razor:

"We have not personally tested the twinjector blades in the Single Edge, so we can't say for sure. But if they fit in a standard injector razor, they should fit in the Single Edge."

Mmm - I'm interested in these; I've at least 2 injectors they would fit. But I'm not sure the maths add up, even if I go halves:
60 = approx £32 incl post (but ignoring Paypal/bank exchange rate).
Let's say they get caught by HMRC - likely, as a biggish package - add around £13.
At £45 that's 75p a blade isn't it?
So let's go halves instead - we're at £22.50 but they need to be posted onto me. My generous 'partner' says let's call it £2.50. Total £25; about 83p a blade.

I've a few Personna 74s so, apart from the Grail factor, have I missed something?

Reply from Patrick about the Kickstarter razor:

"We have not personally tested the twinjector blades in the Single Edge, so we can't say for sure. But if they fit in a standard injector razor, they should fit in the Single Edge."
Well, I knew he would say that....He wont know cause he hasn't even thought about it before or after its development ...Just gives you an insight into what sort of designer you are dealing with....o_O

Hasn't a clue to say the least.....:D

Billy

But I just bought a Golden 500 because it's later than an H and you said anything after an H is good!! Now J3s and 4s are not! Maybe I'll paint a notice on the bathroom wall - as soon as I understand which blades I can put in which razor, anyway! Failing that, I'm going back to DEs, where life is less complicated.

Have we established if these twins will go into the Kickstarter injector?
Here is what I said....NO - H....Sir ! ....You have just bought a 500 with a lever function ....:D

Yeah, thats correct Sir.....the J 1 and J 2 are fine....You will all know which ones have a lever underneath....There is no confusion here...Its pretty black and white....No need to analyse models...o_O.

"If you don't have a lever you are good to go with twin blades" ...:p

Billy

Back
Top Bottom