Coffee machine....works! Top tips needed!

Slick said:
Microfoam making today.

!!

getting better results with both the single and double coffee holder.
Finding that the single well filled is good for one cup of coffee at the mo.
had sunday dinner with a few people round. Luckily they only wanted Americanos.....

Cuppucino is just a little way off yet.
Yeha!!

Mine this morning

COFFEE002.jpg

SWMBO had most of the froth :icon_sad:

I make the coffee and still end up with the wrong end of the stick :icon_rolleyes:

Steve

Motta makes the best jugs, they're excellent, but my everyday jug is an Italian no name 500 ml with good stainless steel in it (same as in Motta, but it doesn't have a pipe, so my latte art aren't really the easiest task :icon_mad:) - perfect size for my morning latte though (my Motta is a 1 liter jug).

Well you lot really are a bad influence, not bad enough I have drawers full of AS and soap. I now have a gaggia classic sitting here. Just got to stop the thing blonding early and you all will be forgiven though.

Hey good effort pedro!
I'm not sure about the blonding early thing yet.
I need more kit tomake me compete aka
Tamper
Tamping mat
The jug
Lots more beans
Thermometer
Baristas t shirt
Maybe azselection of tampers as one could be a bZck up.
You how these things are.
Are you new to all this?
I am a complete newb.
Spent all morning practising frothing milk. Tasting it then doing it again.
Silky microfoam
I wish. It us improving though.
What other kit are you using.
So much fun.
Tb

After reading all of this; I'm glade I still have my Corning-ware Percolator. Fill it to the line with water; fill it to the line with coffee; and light the burner. Under 5 at a second hand store and you have money for what ever coffee you want. You won't even need filter paper.

pedro083 said:
Well you lot really are a bad influence, not bad enough I have drawers full of AS and soap. I now have a gaggia classic sitting here. Just got to stop the thing blonding early and you all will be forgiven though.

Congrats! :cool: Now we can have barista show offs (as soon as Timbo gets his t-shirt, of course).

I've just received some beans that were roasted three weeks ago, quite surprised given the premium price and they taste a bit flat with a thin crema.

What do you reckon 2 weeks tops? I'm seriously considering sending them back.

Hi guys I've been at this all day and......

imagesqtbnANd9GcSpGyMJZU2PqVNc7_xOcJo-ARDilN2oUmWtvY2aSershFUQRy33.jpg

Da DA!!

Oooo NOTSHARP that looks tasty!!!!

I did not cut and paste that image from the net.....

Hello Pinnochio!!!

Slick said:
Hey good effort pedro!
I'm not sure about the blonding early thing yet.
I need more kit tomake me compete aka
Tamper
Tamping mat
The jug
Lots more beans
Thermometer
Baristas t shirt
Maybe azselection of tampers as one could be a bZck up.
You how these things are.
Are you new to all this?
I am a complete newb.
Spent all morning practising frothing milk. Tasting it then doing it again.
Silky microfoam
I wish. It us improving though.
What other kit are you using.
So much fun.
Tb

Still waiting on the grinder to turn up went for the ibertiral mc2. But my motta tamper , milk jug, tamper mat, scales and shot glasses are all here(have a older grinder I used for moka pot but not fine enough)

Was thinking about these rather than the thermometer http://www.freewebstore.org/temptag-uk/index.aspx?pageid=749763

But plenty more shineyer things out there

Great another gizmo.
I'm going for the handy to hotty on the sidey if the juggy test.
Used lavazza black bag today. Not as good as tescos finest Colombian.
Have some co op fiat trade Italian roast too.
Have sorted out the compression fitting in steaming wand too.
It kept shooting off!! When frothing.
Keep calm carry on.

antdad said:
I've just received some beans that were roasted three weeks ago, quite surprised given the premium price and they taste a bit flat with a thin crema.

What do you reckon 2 weeks tops? I'm seriously considering sending them back.

I've had some really nice fresh premium beans and it's fun and tasty, but for me not worth it. But I guess you should get what you pay for, most nerd sites has the manufactor date for the beans they sell. Send back if not happy ...

I try to get beans as fresh as possible, but I buy Mussetti 100 percent Arabica beans in 1 kg bags and often they've a couple of months on them (Italy only puts the end date on the bags, but I now they put two years from manufactoring date, so ...).

Back
Top Bottom