Cold water shaving

jeepie said:
Have a great week BraveBlades! Must say I've switched completely to cold water shaving now and I love it. Even on a properly cold - about 2 degrees - winter's day like today!

I must admit the cold tap was decidedly cold today - think that was the reason I figured i'd give it a go. I'm about 3 hours post shave and skin is feeling great :D

I used to love cold water shaving and exclusively shaved with call water till about 2/3 months ago. I now find hot water gives me a closer shave with the straight, which is perfect as I shave at night.
Between the two the cold water provided less irritation (not that a lot occurs).

I am in mid-month of a CWS marathon. The first shave was OK - nothing special, but starting with the second day, and from then on, I'm gettin' great shaves. I don't doubt that some small part of it might be a self-fulfilling expectation, but I'm convinced there has been some genuine change for the better as well. I plan to continue with this for the foreseeable future, and perhaps really come to appreciate it on a hot summer day. I've read elsewhere about people putting ice in the basin to cool the water even more. Here it is mid-november and the tap water is pretty cold sans ice.
~

I've been cold water shaving for quite some time and and found my shaves improved noticeably and with less irritation when I switched. I'm very happy that water from the cold tap is finally getting colder, it just wasn't very refreshing in summer as far as I'm concerned..

Back
Top Bottom